Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2013, 04:37 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,926 times

Advertisements

I've had plenty of injuries but none ever severe (thank god/goddesses/goodness) but I've got a minor rupture on my right hamstring and it sucks big, PIG TIME. It's not the worse injury since I'm able to run and still be mobile but its one of the most annoying injuries I've had. It's hindering my flexibility and my ability to kick with full force and as high as I normally could. I injured it during a grappling class then agitated the injury more when I went out dancing and did a full splits to show off (for the ladies) like a moron. Its been like this for about 3 months where I feel a tightness to it and its driving me insane. Prior to this injury I was able to do a split, kick much higher and my flexibility and mobility was tops.

I'll be honest and admit I haven't been taking proper care of it like I should but I'm going to start being much more intensive with it. I'm going to start applying icy hot, start wrapping it with a bandage, applying ice to the wound, taking salt baths, and slowly do stretching exercises and strength training exercises to gain back the flexibility and strength I had on it before.

This is one of the most annoying injuries I've had and I feel so downgraded without the full use of my hamstring. Every time I kick or stretch my leg out to a certain level, it feels so tight. I was recommended some stuff by a doctor to do to heal the pain but has anyone else ever have a hamstring injury? If so, any personal tips that you can give me to help the healing process?

I want to get back into kick boxing and tae kwon do so bad! And I NEED my hamstring to get better because participating in those sports will just continue to agonize the pain and make it worse.

Thank you so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness