Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 09:01 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,681,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
When I use to drink protein shakes, Ive always liked Gold Standard by Optimum Nutrition (cookies and cream) It mixes really well with water.

Chocolate coconut is good too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 10:09 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
I've been drinking Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey in Double Rich Chocolate and Vanilla, mixed with water, and both flavors taste fine.

They taste even better when I add a little unsweetened almond milk along with the water.

When I make the shake at home, I'll also add a frozen banana, which I thaw in a microwave for 45 seconds before mixing it into the shake. It makes the shake sweeter and it tastes more like a frozen milk shake.

I use either a shaker with a metal wire ball inside to mix it, or else an electric hand mixer.

Both methods work well, and mix without any lumps.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:49 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Chocolate coconut is good too
I like that, too. I occasionally, add a couple teaspoons of homemade peanut butter to throw in some casein, instead of milk.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:18 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
I've tried tonnnnns of protein and always mix with water. My gf and I go through around 15lbs a month so we used to try new things...

For whey protein - Optimum Nutrition 100% whey. Their coffee flavored is awesome and same with others (bodybuilding.com has ratings on the flavors which are accurate)

For other types of protein - BSN Syntha-6 is hands down the best tasting protein I've ever had. The chocolate peanut butter and the milk chocolate are both unreal. However this protein has more carbs than they whey, so it's dependent on your goals. Whey for post workout, syntha-6 for the rest of the time.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:21 PM

182 posts, read 264,365 times
Thank you for your suggestions, folks. I will try some of them next time I go shopping.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:23 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,230,590 times
I like the Paleo Chocolate Egg White Protein and I mix it with water and ice in the blender - the ice is important and makes it taste better, you can add other things if you want like berries or coconut oil.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:19 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Me, too. I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, it's only 30 calories a cup.
Agreed. For that small an amount, its a no-brainer to go with almond milk over water. It tastes MUCH better and makes a thicker shake.

The only way I have found to make the shakes drinkable with water (not good, mind you) is to add more protein than the instructions call for.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:30 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,510,442 times
I always use water in my protein shakes and the best I've found so far is Muscle Milk. I buy the vanilla and then throw in either frozen fruit or bananas or just some ice they taste great.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:11 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,844,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
I really like the Argonne Essentials shakes. They blend well (no little lumps, blech!). I put about 6-8 ice cubes in the shaker, that way I can drink about a third on the way to a very early spin class - just enough to give me a little something - then finish the rest at the end of the class. They taste great imo.
Me too!! It's the absolute best tasting & filling protein I've ever used. ...no longer doing any dairy/whey products (this is pea protein), and again, the best pea protein I've ever had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
I always use water in my protein shakes and the best I've found so far is Muscle Milk. I buy the vanilla and then throw in either frozen fruit or bananas or just some ice they taste great.
that stuff is disgustingly awful; great if you like a chalky aftertaste. I gave all of mine to my mom to garage sale. Someone did buy it. Poor sucker.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:35 AM

36 posts, read 38,569 times
Default Best tasting shake with water

Herbalife tastes good with water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness