Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 09:07 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,323,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Exactly. How more obvious can it be? Serena is listed at 175 pounds,
Where is this list?

The official Wimbledon website has her listed at 150 lbs.

Serena Williams Profile - 2014 Wimbledon Championships Website - Official Site by IBM

The same for the U.S. Open

Serena Williams Profile | Players | 2014 US Open Official Site - A USTA Event

And Roland Garros

Serena Williams - Players - The 2014 French Open - Official Site by IBM

Oh my, I was wrong the WTA has her listed at 155!!

Players | WTA Tennis English

Now I don't know how many you know but a 5'9" big boned 33 year old woman weighing 150-5 lbs i not exactly news.

Quote:
Explain how she gained 30 pounds from ages 20 to 24. In comparison, Roger Federer in 2002 weighed 182 pounds and guess what.... he still does at age 33.
Again, I don't know what women you know but having lived with two, I fee that it really isn't rocket science when it comes to female weight gain.

So, let's be clear, in my very first post I stated without equivocation that after Lance Armstrong I would never defend anyone when it came to the use of performance enhancing drugs, but the arguments as the apply to Serena lack logic, evidence, or even the slightest rumor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 03:30 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,502,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You do know you can't both be right, right? I am not going to help you out with a tie-breaker either. That would just add to the general cheapening of the Williams' image. But I submit these quotes as evidence of the overall confusion and yes, stupidity, that plenty of posts in this thread illustrate.
Well, we'll. Sounds like someone else needs to rassle in the hay....get rid of some of that tension.

Sheesh...

Old 04-27-2015, 03:45 PM

4,560 posts, read 5,414,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post

Now I don't know how many you know but a 5'9" big boned 33 year old woman weighing 150-5 lbs i not exactly news.
Exactly. No way Serena is on roids. This thread is ridiculous.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:51 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,804 times

Honestly, this pic of her relaxed makes her look MORE normal to me. I don't know. This pic screams LESS roids to me than the other pics of her in action. This looks to me like any woman with her height and body frame who hit the weights hard and ate right (with halfway decent genetics) could look like.

I dont know. I love weight lifting and ive also seen chicks Im pretty sure were not juicing look a bit jacked, so its hard to say. And I am no where near any expert on roids so who knows. I thought Lance was truly clean until he got busted so what do I know.

Old 04-28-2015, 09:16 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,578,127 times
Quote:

Originally Posted by Howest2008
She's innocent until proven guilty......ronnie moronniessssssss ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
thats in court. it doesnt apply anywhere else.
Logical People here in the US of A do not believe that a person is guilty without having any facts or
evidences .........

Old 04-29-2015, 12:34 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,684,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Logical People here in the US of A do not believe that a person is guilty without having any facts or
evidences .........
we have evidences. we cant have facts because we dont have the power to investigate her and collect hard evidence. we dont have the power to render a legal verdict which makes the mantra "innocent until proven guilty" a lot like **** without nipples. pointless.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
we have evidences.
You have evidence(s), when do you suppose it will be posed for all of us to see?

Old 04-29-2015, 01:09 PM

Quote:
You have evidence(s), when do you suppose it will be posed for all of us to see?
one major problem with everyone's wonderful opinion is that most people have absolutely no clue what someone on steroids looks like. its not like they dont see people on steroids, they see them all the time. its that they dont know who is or isnt on steroids. yet they think that they can form reasonable opinions on whether or not people are using. one problem is that most people seem to think that if you dont look like mr olympia, you arent juicing. thats so far off the mark its insane. i have seen lots of people using steroids and i have seen them go from day 1 through a 12 week cycle (or never ending like many athletes) so i know how it impacts many people. so i can look at pictures and have a legitimately educated opinion on the matter (which seems to be more than anyone here).

Old 04-29-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
i have seen lots of people using steroids and i have seen them go from day 1 through a 12 week cycle (or never ending like many athletes) so i know how it impacts many people. so i can look at pictures and have a legitimately educated opinion on the matter (which seems to be more than anyone here).
So the evidence rests upon your, shall we say, expert opinion based upon your years of experience that we mere mortals cannot question because of our collective ignorance?

Well that makes for a fun discussion.

Have you considered offering your services to the USADA? You could save them millions of dollars.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
So the evidence rests upon your, shall we say, expert opinion based upon your years of experience that we mere mortals cannot question because of our collective ignorance?

Well that makes for a fun discussion.

Have you considered offering your services to the USADA? You could save them millions of dollars.
nobody has the ability to come up with solid evidence. we just need to work with what we can see and read. I never said my opinion cant be questioned but I do think its silly to question my opinion when you have absolutely no idea of what steroids do to a person's body.

you think they don't already know what I know? you think that testing regimes for various sports are made in ways to allow use of performance enhancing drugs and those people in charge aren't aware of that? amazingly, the general public seems incredibly ignorant regarding steroid use and that has allowed people to deny deny deny and get away with it (which I don't have a problem with).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness