Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 11:24 AM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I'm female, 40 years old, 5'6", 117 pounds. I've had seven children. Wanting to be healthy, fit, and energetic was my driving force. Three years ago I was close to 30 pounds heavier. While some may think 117 is too light, it isn't for someone with my small frame.

There are parts of me that will require plastic surgery to correct, so I focus on those parts that I can control (legs for example).
Good for you, you rock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 11:57 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
I'm female, 40 years old, 5'6", 117 pounds. I've had seven children. Wanting to be healthy, fit, and energetic was my driving force. Three years ago I was close to 30 pounds heavier. While some may think 117 is too light, it isn't for someone with my small frame.

wow, awesome!!!

Old 05-01-2015, 04:32 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
I'm fairly fit. Male, mid-20s, 160 pounds, athletic build, etc. I ensure that I eat enough (though I don't diet) and work out regularly. Specifically, as far as exercises go, I hit the gym a few times a week and bike in the park. At the gym, I'll do at least 30 minutes of intense treadmill running (for those trying to lose weight via gym and dieting, make sure that you're getting in enough cardio and don't run to the ab rack when you need to lose 20-50 pounds before any progress shows (seriously)). For those trying to shed weight/sculpt their bodies, please do not give up. Get a workout partner if necessarily to maintain motivation. Just don't give up as nothing worth fighting for comes easy.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:41 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Can't quote all three without making excess posts but just wanted to say thank you!

Old 05-01-2015, 05:50 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
You're doing great
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Are you sure we aren't a husband and wife? Hahaha, your hubby sounds like my twin. Worked out forever, but never made the diet completely right. It's getting better, but I'm 39. It's waaaaay past time.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:44 PM

378 posts, read 441,607 times
Default You bet you have nice long legs

Quote:

There are parts of me that will require plastic surgery to correct, so I focus on those parts that I can control (legs for example).
my girlfriend is 5'5"/112lbs. She loves to wear skinny jean and i love how they look on her (damn sexy).

(she is not my girlfriend).

Old 05-01-2015, 09:08 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post
my girlfriend is 5'5"/112lbs. She loves to wear skinny jean and i love how they look on her (damn sexy).

The woman in the pic is skinny. I bet she can do push ups under the door.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:15 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post

I'm a big fan of skinny jeans, but mostly I'm just a fan of liking how I look in clothes. I couldn't say that a few years ago!

Old 05-02-2015, 05:37 AM

419 posts, read 1,238,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrieros81 View Post
thanks, I'm trying.
That, in a nutshell, is the recipe for success.

All you have to do is just keep trying. I say that to my wife all the time, She always says, "you are my hero, honey," or "you are my inspiration", or "I don't know how you do it." My answer is always the same, "I'm Trying, that's all I can do."

I am 6'4", male, 50 years old and I currently weigh 205 pounds (on purpose) and my diet is almost constantly spot on. I can't remember the last week I have had that was under less than 5 days in the gym. I also work between 55-60 hours a week Mon-Fri, but did a stretch of 14 years working 7 days a week for 14 hours per day up until 4 years ago.

I was a fat kid, 238 pounds in the 7th grade at 5'7". I remember doing the 50 yard dash and farting every step of the way. LOL! (That has always kept me motivated. LOL) I couldn't climb the ropes in school because every time I tried I would pull them out of the ceiling. :-) I did play baseball. and hockey growing up and I actually didn't completely suck at either one.

I was teased and tormented beyond belief, but would ALWAYS pay the jerk(s) back at recess or after school. I am proud to say I never lost a fight, had my fair share of bumps and bruises, but always felt I walked away the winner. My nickname all through school was Fat S**t. It wasn't always used as a put down, even my best of friends (which a few still are) used to call me that.

I still see guys I went to school with who were total jerks to me and I don't ever have to raise a fist, yet I still walk away feeling like the winner. Most all of them look like I used to look.

When I graduated High School I dropped 67 pounds and I have never looked back. I got into lifting in my mid 20's and despite a few injuries along the way (from dirt bikes mostly) I have been going to a gym ever since. I still have damage from being fat s**t that my body will never recover from, but I feel like I am in great shape and that's all that matters to me. I can live with a few stretch marks, but had I not gotten serious about my health, I more than likely wouldn't be living at all. Plus, I probably wouldn't get to be married to my drop dead gorgeous, smokin' hot, wife!

Just have to keep trying.. that's it.

I will never have a perfect body, it really isn't about that to me. I am not one of those guys wearing a muscle shirt in the gym, in fact probably 99 times out of a hundred I have a sweatshirt on when I lift and a regular old t-shirt when I do cardio.

My goal is to feel proud of myself for never giving up.

Old 05-02-2015, 06:43 AM

332 posts, read 498,529 times
Female. 5'3. Currently heavier than I'd like to be. Busy life, gotten lazy, yadadada. I essentially have a home gym (currently too neglected!). Treadmill, elliptical, spin bike, rowing machine. All collected over the years.

I can do the treadmill/gym thing but I get bored easily. If forced, I like the spin bike. My preference is to be outside in the fresh air doing something fun.

My "normal" state would be average build. I drop weight easily, and quickly, when I put my mind to it. I can build muscle without too much difficulty (six pack, toned arms) but I don't like too muscular a look on a female! I do all this without resorting to restrictive diets- just cut out the obvious fatty and sugary stuff.......well.......I still eat junk about once a week or so......my metabolism isn't too bad and exercising helps to burn through it anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness