Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2015, 04:26 PM

576 posts, read 824,325 times

Advertisements

I lost 20 pounds by calories using mfp and exercising, I lost an additional weight without trying . I am okay with it but I don`t want to lose anymore weight.I have had at least 3 people from work telling me that it looks like I am still losing weight. This one lady was like ``omg it looks like you are getting smaller everytime I see you``This other lady was like``no more,you keep losing weight.``stop right there don't lose anymore``!

I don't count calories anymore but I just eat when I am hungry and get regular exercise. I eat everything but I watch my portion sizes and all. I weigh myself every day and I fluctuate between 122 to 125 lbs. My weight on the scale is staying at 120-125 pounds---consistently week after week.I am 5`3 btw
BUT
My body size is decreasing, My clothes are fitting less tightly.

I don't do any weight training,just cardio.Am I losing weight or just body fat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 05:40 PM

537 posts, read 769,261 times
See your doctor.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:47 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,917,593 times
The suggestion to see your doc wouldn't be a bad idea, just to be on the safe side.

However, based on the info that your weight stays about the same while your clothes fit more loosely, it seems most likely that you are simultaneously gaining muscle and losing fat as a result of exercise. Muscle is more dense than fat. Muscle takes up less space for the same weight, so it's not unusual to maintain weight while getting trimmer in appearance when you've exercised for some time.

You might consider checking with a doctor just to be sure everything is in order, but most likely all that's going on here is that you're getting into some good condition!

Old 06-08-2015, 07:58 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
The suggestion to see your doc wouldn't be a bad idea, just to be on the safe side.

However, based on the info that your weight stays about the same while your clothes fit more loosely, it seems most likely that you are simultaneously gaining muscle and losing fat as a result of exercise. Muscle is more dense than fat. Muscle takes up less space for the same weight, so it's not unusual to maintain weight while getting trimmer in appearance when you've exercised for some time.

You might consider checking with a doctor just to be sure everything is in order, but most likely all that's going on here is that you're getting into some good condition!
This is about the size of it (no pun intended).

Old 06-08-2015, 10:18 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
I lost 20 pounds by calories using mfp and exercising, I lost an additional weight without trying . I am okay with it but I don`t want to lose anymore weight.I have had at least 3 people from work telling me that it looks like I am still losing weight. This one lady was like ``omg it looks like you are getting smaller everytime I see you``This other lady was like``no more,you keep losing weight.``stop right there don't lose anymore``!

I don't count calories anymore but I just eat when I am hungry and get regular exercise. I eat everything but I watch my portion sizes and all. I weigh myself every day and I fluctuate between 122 to 125 lbs. My weight on the scale is staying at 120-125 pounds---consistently week after week.I am 5`3 btw
BUT
My body size is decreasing, My clothes are fitting less tightly.

I don't do any weight training,just cardio.Am I losing weight or just body fat?
I've been running since my early teens 5-6 days a week and health-nut since forever , eat all organic never had weight issues , also been on the slime side, before four kids I was 99-104 . I'm 51 now and two years ago I added lightweights to my daily routine along with the running and I have filled out muscle wise ,yet my weight dropped to 115 and has stayed there for the last two years , from 120, I'm 5'3 and very small bone .. Yeah I'm always being told I'm way skinny....

Old 06-11-2015, 05:11 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,638 times
Skinny people live longer.

< I'm a little thing too. 5'8" and only 125lbs.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:38 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Skinny people live longer.

< I'm a little thing too. 5'8" and only 125lbs.
Yep! 5'6" and 117 pounds. I work out and keep fit, so I'm thin but nice and toned with some curves. My frame is small. Nothing I can do about that.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:44 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Skinny people live longer. :.
Until you hit 70

Old 06-13-2015, 07:52 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times
I am tall and thin but I don't want to live that long 70-75 is great, no way I would want to live to be 90 lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness