Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2015, 05:13 PM

28 posts, read 52,785 times

Advertisements

Been trying to get rid of stubborn fat in my abs area. I've tried exercise and dieting. But that doesn't work. What alternatives can I try sans surgery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2015, 05:43 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,361,564 times
You're not trying hard enough with your diet, and exercise.

Old 12-25-2015, 06:08 PM

102,234 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Yup. Get the right diet-and-exercise combo program, and you can win. BTW, how old are you? Could that be a hormonal issue?

Old 12-25-2015, 07:18 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,087,037 times
Quote:
It's not that simple though. Stubborn fat is stubborn for a reason and it needs a more intensive approach to be lost. It can actually get to be quite tricky.

Here are some options:

The Stubborn Fat Solution : Bodyrecomposition

The Stubborn Fat Solution Patch 1.1 : Bodyrecomposition (drug based)

And of course, there is always the Ultimate Diet 2.0 which is a completely integrated approach. Either one of the three would be good choices but I prefer the Patch or UD2 myself.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:44 AM

28 posts, read 52,785 times
Quote:
How the hell do you know that? Do you know my diet and exercise routine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
It's not that simple though. Stubborn fat is stubborn for a reason and it needs a more intensive approach to be lost. It can actually get to be quite tricky.

Here are some options:

The Stubborn Fat Solution : Bodyrecomposition

The Stubborn Fat Solution Patch 1.1 : Bodyrecomposition (drug based)

And of course, there is always the Ultimate Diet 2.0 which is a completely integrated approach. Either one of the three would be good choices but I prefer the Patch or UD2 myself.
I didnt see any patches. But from the links youve provided, they dont look legit.

Old 12-26-2015, 04:34 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,692,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurusx5 View Post
Been trying to get rid of stubborn fat in my abs area. I've tried exercise and dieting. But that doesn't work. What alternatives can I try sans surgery?
Change things up. For whatever reason you've hit a plateau, change up your exercise regimen, go with intermittent fasting to change things up diet wise.

For me personally I was never able to get "ripped" until I cut out carbs completely and took up weightlifting.

I was running 80-100 miles a week as a long distance runner and while I was slim overall, I had a little runners pooch belly that I could never get rid of. Interestingly enough I wasnt doing a whole lot of traditional cardio when I first got ripped, just fast-paced, low rest weight workouts.

In general if youve been doing the same routine for awhile it is time to change things up, force your body to adapt to a new stimulus.

Old 12-26-2015, 06:40 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,361,564 times
Quote:
How the hell do you know that? Do you know my diet and exercise routine?
If you're adamant that dieting and exercising doesn't work, look into getting it surgically removed.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:17 AM

33,301 posts, read 26,501,429 times
Quote:
Describe your exercise routine.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:29 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,125,090 times
Getting a six pack is entirely diet.

You need to cut your calories.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:42 AM

33,301 posts, read 26,501,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Getting a six pack is entirely diet.

You need to cut your calories.
The OP didn't say he wanted a 'six pack' (and not everyone does), but only that he wants to lose fat in the abs area.

I disagree with the statement that it's entirely a matter of diet. Both diet and exercise are important components in obtaining a lean body. It's undeniable that the right kind of exercise burns fat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness