Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 03:21 PM

876 posts, read 1,001,498 times

Advertisements

Perhaps it's just the gym I am at but is it just me or are like 90% of the guys who lift short? There are like perhaps 3 guys at my gym besides myself who are of normal or tall height. The rest are of either short or somewhat below typical height. And this only holds true for the men, with the height of the girls being fairly varied. Do taller men just care less about weightlifting for some reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 03:29 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
What's consider short and normal height to you?

Old 06-10-2016, 04:26 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,210,287 times
Perhaps it is the time you go. I have noticed that the crowd at the gym after peak, peak being 4:30-6:30pm, tends to be shorter. Other than that I have not noticed that they vary in height from the norm.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:24 PM

421 posts, read 423,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
Perhaps it's just the gym I am at but is it just me or are like 90% of the guys who lift short? There are like perhaps 3 guys at my gym besides myself who are of normal or tall height. The rest are of either short or somewhat below typical height. And this only holds true for the men, with the height of the girls being fairly varied. Do taller men just care less about weightlifting for some reason?
LOL
Hey! here I am..I am a short person, man...
I guess you are tall, right? over 6 is tall??

Weight lifting could make tall people short? LOL

Old 06-10-2016, 08:42 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
The last I heard, the average American man is 5'9.5". I'm 6'4", so I must skew the average at my gym.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:17 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times
OP spends way too much time focused on what other people do and look like at the gym. Not shocked that he's frustrated with the results he is getting. IDGAF what anyone else does, how they dress, how tall, short, skinny or fat they are. As long as they arent doing something patently dumb or getting in my way, they can do them and I'll do me.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:45 AM

421 posts, read 423,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
OP spends way too much time focused on what other people do and look like at the gym. Not shocked that he's frustrated with the results he is getting. IDGAF what anyone else does, how they dress, how tall, short, skinny or fat they are. As long as they arent doing something patently dumb or getting in my way, they can do them and I'll do me.
right on the nail!!!

Old 06-11-2016, 07:47 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Maybe the shorter guys all have Napoleon complexes so they bulk up since they can't make themselves taller...... :-)

Old 06-11-2016, 08:17 AM

10,557 posts, read 7,758,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Maybe the shorter guys all have Napoleon complexes so they bulk up since they can't make themselves taller...... :-)
Maybe so.

Also, shorter limbs are more efficient for lifting weights, so they're better at it than spidery guys.

Old 06-11-2016, 08:21 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
Why are most weightlifters short?

What an odd odd question. Every guy I know who has a gym membership are "weightlifters" (i.e., they go to the gym regularly and use weights). Same with women. I find absolutely no correlation between height and weightlifting as I see people of all heights working out.

What is"normal" height to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness