Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2016, 12:44 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times

Advertisements

I picked up running around age 25 when I lived on the east coast, and found that in the summer I seemed to have MORE energy and stamina when it was hot AND humid out. This despite not being a fan of humidity at all for every day activities.

Then I moved west and expected the substantially drier (but hotter) air to be a benefit. Of course I'm older now, and my habits have changed a little, so I could never tell for sure. Then this month we experienced some unusual humidity and damn...I felt great on my run.

Just me? Could it be as simple as the moisture being soothing to my lungs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 09:15 PM

645 posts, read 750,967 times
I love running when its hot...summer if my favorite season to run..But humidity sucks. I have asthma so it affects my breathing.....

Old 08-09-2016, 08:52 AM

96 posts, read 78,462 times
I took up running outdoors when I lived in the south where it was hot and humid year round. So that was really all I knew. Then I moved north, where it's hot and humid in the summer but spring and fall are more temperate. Now, running in the cooler less humid conditions seems SO EASY to me! I still don't mind running in the heat and humidity, but I know it really affects a lot of people.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:01 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,750 times
I live in the South and in mid July my runs stop till October-ish. I can't stand running in pea soup air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness