Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 09:01 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times

Advertisements

Some people who are not even remotely close to sweating insist on wiping every machine after every set - and more annoyingly, glare at you if YOU DON'T. They run over to the spray bottle and paper towels, and wipe, wipe, wipe. I'm getting sick of it. For the record: I am not wiping anything ever. I am not the gym janitor. If you can't stand getting a little sweat on you in a gym, STAY HOME!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 10:00 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
Can't you catch something? At my gym they had some rash that is spread via sweat.

None the less, I'm wiping. I don't want whatever sweaty bugs you have all over me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-28-2016, 10:40 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Can't you catch something? At my gym they had some rash that is spread via sweat.

None the less, I'm wiping. I don't want whatever sweaty bugs you have all over me.

To each his own, but I will not be cleaning or wiping public gym equipment in any form whatsoever. If someone is hypersensitive to germs, they can indulge themselves and wipe to their heart's content.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:25 PM

708 posts, read 578,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
To each his own, but I will not be cleaning or wiping public gym equipment in any form whatsoever. If someone is hypersensitive to germs, they can indulge themselves and wipe to their heart's content.
Yeh, well, say that after the nits from someone else infest your armpits.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:29 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,791 times
Quote:
Some people who are not even remotely close to sweating insist on wiping every machine after every set - and more annoyingly, glare at you if YOU DON'T. They run over to the spray bottle and paper towels, and wipe, wipe, wipe. I'm getting sick of it. For the record: I am not wiping anything ever. I am not the gym janitor. If you can't stand getting a little sweat on you in a gym, STAY HOME!
I'm with you on this one. I've been working out since I was 14 at gyms and I'm 46 now. You could almost say I'm a light gym rat. I have to date, never once wiped down anything and never will. I've never had an issue. I agree, you wanna wipe, be my guest, I'm off to do my next set.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:32 PM

1,156 posts, read 942,039 times
It's just polite to wipe down the equipment after you're done, but who cares right? Right.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:54 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/03/he...brod.html?_r=0

Old 09-29-2016, 02:20 AM

7,709 posts, read 5,460,415 times
Quote:
At our gym, everyone was required to carry a hand towel and wipe down the machines afterwards (wipe away their own sweat). Nearly everyone I ever met at the gym always did this. The few who didn't (usually young selfish, weak, bimbo girls) were called out.

I don't understand lazy, selfish people like the original poster.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:29 AM

2,081 posts, read 5,599,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
I'm with you on this one. I've been working out since I was 14 at gyms and I'm 46 now. You could almost say I'm a light gym rat. I have to date, never once wiped down anything and never will. I've never had an issue. I agree, you wanna wipe, be my guest, I'm off to do my next set.
Gross, you sweaty thing!

Old 09-29-2016, 03:38 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,253,740 times
The standard should be to wipe before you use the machine/dumbbell/etc....

That way people who care about germs can be sure of having a clean, disinfected surface, and the ones who don't get to deal with the previous user's germs and their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness