Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 08:54 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Usually 5 - 6 days per week at the gym. I like a day or two off per week. 30 minutes if cardio on the elliptical, and 5 - 8 different weight machines per workout. I rotate upper body, lower body, and core each time so I don't work the same muscles each day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 10:57 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Have you looked into Alex Viada? I don't know how he does it but he somehow manages to compete in both powerlifting and ultra marathons. Hard to tell exactly how he does things from his articles, but he does have a book called the Hybrid Athlete for...well, hybrid athletes haha.
No I have not. I just like exercise and found running a couple of years ago. For me it's about daily time spent, and 1-1.5 hrs per day is more than enough, and the long runs can take up to 3 hrs.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:53 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Run 4-6 miles every other day.

Bike 10-15 miles on non-run days or kayak 3 miles on non run days or swim 30 mins worth of laps on non-run days.

Group Classes three times a week Group Power Weight Lifting, Body Weight, some cardio.

If I'm away from group class, I try to copy the class on my own using resistance band training, TRX straps, push ups, ab crunches/exercises.
I read on Wallethub that Tampa was one the best cities for "recreation." Would you say that's right? Just from what you're saying you like to do it sounds like you have a great lifestyle, particularly regarding your access to outdoor fitness options. I would swim in an outdoor pool and kayak a ton if those were options for me. Maybe a little stand-up paddleboarding.

I've had my eye on Florida for some time now...

Probably a better topic for the Tampa forum, but **** it I tied it into fitness.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:03 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Currently just starting an 8 week strength cycle designed for CrossFitters by Brandon at LiftBigEatBig.com.

You can find it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0D...F3U2RGZ00/edit

He has a bunch of free programming up, under his "resources" section....

Old 08-30-2017, 07:04 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,421,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Thought this forum needs a little spicing up, and that this would be fun. I think it'd be interesting to see what people that frequent this somewhat obscure forum on CD actually do. So, post your exercise program/routine here.

What's your exercise program/routine? Post it here.
Monday - Friday

Usually some form of cardio in the early AM - 5k or 10k run, or 100 yard sprints with each followed by 10-20 pushups/situps/squats/burpees/mountain climbers, or 45-60 minutes of jumping rope.

Afternoon or evening (depending on my schedule), usually Mon/Wed/Fri its some form of resistance training like Crossfit or HIT (which is whole body to failure workout). Usually done 3 times per week.

Martial arts training/coaching.

Saturday

Martial arts training. Silat, wing chun, kenpo and vinyasa yoga.

Sunday

Rest. Drink beer. Watch football. Eat burgers. (Cant wait until NFL season starts).

Old 08-31-2017, 08:02 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Monday - Friday

Usually some form of cardio in the early AM - 5k or 10k run, or 100 yard sprints with each followed by 10-20 pushups/situps/squats/burpees/mountain climbers, or 45-60 minutes of jumping rope.

Afternoon or evening (depending on my schedule), usually Mon/Wed/Fri its some form of resistance training like Crossfit or HIT (which is whole body to failure workout). Usually done 3 times per week.

Martial arts training/coaching.

Saturday

Martial arts training. Silat, wing chun, kenpo and vinyasa yoga.

Sunday

Rest. Drink beer. Watch football. Eat burgers. (Cant wait until NFL season starts).
Don't know how I didn't notice you're from Encino, I'm an 818 man myself.

I'd like to eventually do martial arts alongside my workouts but pretty expensive out here to have a gym membership along with a martial arts dojo/gym membership.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:46 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
I have an issue with routine/schedules outside of work so I do however I please. Also, I don't wash my hair every day, so if I just washed it, I lift only so I won't sweat too much. If it is a hairwash-after-exercise-day, I will do more cardio. Haha, no joke.

Sometimes I hit the gym 4 days in a row but only do a little of this and that.
Sometimes I only go twice a week but 1,5 hours each.
Sometimes I start exercising and just don't feel like it and leave after 15 minutes. Then I feel guilty and will exercise more the next day.

My warm up usually consists of 5-10 min. spinning or rowing. Sometimes I am too lazy and just don't warm up.

Then I either have a leg day or upper body lift day and have no particular order. Depends on my mood or what weights/machines are available.

Sometimes I go into a bodypump class if I happen to be at the gym around the time they start. About once a month I take a spinning class.

I am very toned and almost muscular looking. My stamina sucks but I am too lazy for much cardio.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:45 PM

309 posts, read 367,346 times
I do Pilates three times a week, a walk/run interval once a week and a regular walk a second time, swimming several times a week which will turn to hiking as the weather cools. I also do weight circuits 3 times a week, and Dancercise once a week.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:23 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,880 times
Work one body part a day (work out every day except Wed, which was a running day), weighted abs on Sunday am before church, run twice a week. Had achilles surgery so the running isn't happening now until recovered.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:47 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,056,289 times
Tue-Thu-Sat
4 sets of roughly 12 for 7 different exercises, preceded by light stretching and cardio warmup (1/2 mile jog or 20 minutes elliptical).

On Sunday just a fun 3 mile run and some core work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness