Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2023, 03:12 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
I know you're kidding, but that's why some of us girls stop taking aerobics/yoga classes, cuz there's always one creepazoid dude in the back of the class getting an eyefull... or we stop using the machines where we have to be in a vulnerable position & once again... we're on display for male amusement, apparently.

I became a lap swimmer. Sad.
You thought I was kidding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2023, 03:12 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,049,080 times
Don’t know why it annoys me, but seeing overweight guys doing “wrist curls” always made me smh.

Old 09-08-2023, 05:30 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,501,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
How about the individual who walks away from a machine for like 15 minutes and leaves gear and gym bag next to it and still expects to find it available when he/she returns.
This happened to me today. I went to the preacher curl machine (this one allows 1 arm at a time) and noticed someone left their workout drink and duffel bag by it. So as I'm about to sit down, they pop out of nowhere saying they have 2 sets left. I ask if it's ok to work in, they mutter sure, but then leave

Old 09-08-2023, 07:16 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,553,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
This happened to me today. I went to the preacher curl machine (this one allows 1 arm at a time) and noticed someone left their workout drink and duffel bag by it. So as I'm about to sit down, they pop out of nowhere saying they have 2 sets left. I ask if it's ok to work in, they mutter sure, but then leave
I call that person the “bulldog”….like a bulldog relieving itself to spot its territory.

Old 09-08-2023, 07:18 PM

7,409 posts, read 6,553,115 times
How about the ones who think they’re at a beach club and workout in open toe flip flops or barefoot?….Im real tempted to drop a dumbbell on their foot and claim it was an accident.

Old 09-08-2023, 07:36 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
How about the ones who think they’re at a beach club and workout in open toe flip flops or barefoot?….Im real tempted to drop a dumbbell on their foot and claim it was an accident.
About a month ago a girl broke her foot when she dropped a plate on her foot that someone else had left on the leg press machine. Had they put their plates back when they finished she wouldn't have had to remove the plate herself and that wouldn't have happened.

Old 09-09-2023, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
About a month ago a girl broke her foot when she dropped a plate on her foot that someone else had left on the leg press machine. Had they put their plates back when they finished she wouldn't have had to remove the plate herself and that wouldn't have happened.
I don't see anyone in my gyms in flip flops, I think there is a rule you need to be in shoes to enter. I do see occasionally people in the power rack taking off their shoes to either squat or deadlift. I just hope they're not sumo deadlifting as I've seen countless gruesome injuries of people destroying their feet when preforming the sumo deadlift without shoes.

Old 09-09-2023, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I call that person the “bulldog”….like a bulldog relieving itself to spot its territory.
What's funny is I did look for the guy for at least a minute before sitting down. Even glanced over at the guy on the next machine to ask him if it was his stuff. But as soon as I sat down, as if by telepathy, the guy appears out of nowhere to reclaim "his" equipment

Probably super-setting. If the machines are not right next to each other, no use in even attempting a super set.

Old 09-09-2023, 09:34 AM

10,351 posts, read 8,569,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
I know you're kidding, but that's why some of us girls stop taking aerobics/yoga classes, cuz there's always one creepazoid dude in the back of the class getting an eyefull... or we stop using the machines where we have to be in a vulnerable position & once again... we're on display for male amusement, apparently.

I became a lap swimmer. Sad.
One thing that encourages creepazoid behavior is the clothing or lack of clothing that some women wear. It’s definitely made to be revealing. I have women in my gym that I pretty much know how they would look naked because everything is so skin tight and revealing.

Old 09-09-2023, 09:37 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
I don't see anyone in my gyms in flip flops, I think there is a rule you need to be in shoes to enter. I do see occasionally people in the power rack taking off their shoes to either squat or deadlift. I just hope they're not sumo deadlifting as I've seen countless gruesome injuries of people destroying their feet when preforming the sumo deadlift without shoes.
I haven't seen flip flops but my gym gets the occasional guy who comes in from his job wearing his work boots that are caked with mud. They leave a trail of dried mud throughout the gym.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness