Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 10:08 AM

3,695 posts, read 2,415,682 times

Advertisements

There are threads occasionally on people wanting to grow the arms: how many reps? What weight? Frequency? What exercises?

Here is a good start with a great inspirational and informative video by "Hanh Champion."

People can post all their questions, goals, and exercises here.

As for me, I've never focused on Arms (Bis, Tris, and fores) much b/c my bis and tris are covered even by a
short sleet shirt (no I'm no vain seriously) and I put more emphasis on other larger muscle groups.

I was born however with genetically large forearms and can get them bigger easily with reverse cable curls and y-rope cable curls and DB Hammer curls.

So, what are you doing for arms?

Here is Hanh, from the Houston area: one of my favorite arm videos and lifting videos. It's short. Worth a watch, IMO. Bonus: Great soundtrack!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-7mQW_8Emc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 10:47 AM

9,406 posts, read 8,374,416 times
If your logic is that you won't train arms because they're covered by sleeves, what exactly DO you train????

Old 06-19-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
If your logic is that you won't train arms because they're covered by sleeves, what exactly DO you train????
I train everything:

Abs, obliques, quads, hams, calves, even tibialis (front of the lower leg) traps, front, side, rear delts, upper and lower back, etc.

I should have clarified.

I'm not into "looks."

A lot of people want big arms (bis and tris), but I never focuses on them for the most part.

I did not want to grow them and hit bis and tris for about 160-175 reps with back-bi and chest tri days and sometimes on their own. They did grow.

And forearms I hit a lot as well.

Just getting back into it now, but my past elbow injuries have made me hold off on triceps for now. I'll try next week.

(It's that thing called age......)

Old 06-19-2019, 01:36 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
There are threads occasionally on people wanting to grow the arms: how many reps? What weight? Frequency? What exercises?

Here is a good start with a great inspirational and informative video by "Hanh Champion."

People can post all their questions, goals, and exercises here.

As for me, I've never focused on Arms (Bis, Tris, and fores) much b/c my bis and tris are covered even by a
short sleet shirt (no I'm no vain seriously
) and I put more emphasis on other larger muscle groups.

I was born however with genetically large forearms and can get them bigger easily with reverse cable curls and y-rope cable curls and DB Hammer curls.

So, what are you doing for arms?

Here is Hanh, from the Houston area: one of my favorite arm videos and lifting videos. It's short. Worth a watch, IMO. Bonus: Great soundtrack!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-7mQW_8Emc
Really??? Nice shaped arms are a big turn on, just like abs and butts. I don't care much if a guy has okay legs or muscular legs, they are usually covered. But nice arms shine through shirts and are super sexy. Popping veins, OMG

Old 06-20-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Really??? Nice shaped arms are a big turn on, just like abs and butts. I don't care much if a guy has okay legs or muscular legs, they are usually covered. But nice arms shine through shirts and are super sexy. Popping veins, OMG
Cheers or the response, o-e.

Most shirt sleeves are naturally loose, eh?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Abs yes, but hidden beneath the shirts. Butts, not sure as I'm a dude and I only lood at women's butts (shhh.).

Political correctness, ya know.

When I hit my bis and tris a lot per workout (160+ reps they got a LOT bigger, but they did not get any definition) as I've never had any definition visually.

But it was good for the rest of my body.

It all comes together.

I'll be blasting my bis, tris, and fores to pieces in the coming months and giving updates.

Old 06-20-2019, 09:32 AM

9,406 posts, read 8,374,416 times
I thought that was a typo at first but 160+ reps is way, WAY too many reps for one body part. It is a matter of time before you're injured with that type of volume.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:29 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
I thought that was a typo at first but 160+ reps is way, WAY too many reps for one body part. It is a matter of time before you're injured with that type of volume.
That many reps you are not even doing anything. That is like saying a receptionist will have an extraordinarily strong grip because they type all day, lol.

Old 06-21-2019, 07:54 AM

Quote:
No, it's OK.

For me.

Warm up, stretch bis and Tris, and stretch after every set or every other set set. Stretch the Bi and the opposite muscle.

I do the same with triceps and calves.

Only hit these muscles once every 7-8 days.

Old 06-21-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
That many reps you are not even doing anything. That is like saying a receptionist will have an extraordinarily strong grip because they type all day, lol.
It works for me.

I started doing it years ago.

Don't knock until you study it, THEN try it.

When you burn, lower the weight.

Full range, contraction.

I'll post more when I get back from a work trip. I'm on my phone.

Old 06-21-2019, 04:50 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
It works for me.

I started doing it years ago.

Don't knock until you study it, THEN try it.

When you burn, lower the weight.

Full range, contraction.

I'll post more when I get back from a work trip. I'm on my phone.
Actually, it not working at all, aside the point you are just basically moving around. It is a very inefficient way to do it. Sort of like saying yes, you are digging fine with your hands, but a backhoe is much more efficient. I will not even say it is that analogy, you are essentially wasting your time, lol.

Last edited by boxus; 06-21-2019 at 05:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness