Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 09:16 AM

3,693 posts, read 2,413,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Actually, it not working at all, aside the point you are just basically moving around. It is a very inefficient way to do it. Sort of like saying yes, you are digging fine with your hands, but a backhoe is much more efficient. I will not even say it is that analogy, you are essentially wasting your time, lol.
Are you implying I'm over-training?

I am not.

For year my arms were smaller and never grew in proportion to my chest, back, shoulders and legs. It was because I didn't care and I didn't do enough sets & reps.

Then, I started hitting them at more sets and higher reps and they grew.

Everyone has different goals and everyone has different type of exercises that work for them.

I've been lifting on and off since 1985 when I took a weight lifting class in high school

Also, I do change up volume (rep ranges) and intensity (weight).

I change things are up with rep ranges, weight, and programs, over periods of time e.g. pyramids to reverse pyramids, super-sets, and "Power-rep range-shock" by Eric Broser which is changing your rep range every week to trick the body.

Again, I'm not over-training. If I was I would know.

Last edited by Returning2USA; 06-22-2019 at 09:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2019, 06:37 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post

I am not.

For year my arms were smaller and never grew in proportion to my chest, back, shoulders and legs. It was because I didn't care and I didn't do enough sets & reps.

Then, I started hitting them at more sets and higher reps and they grew.

Everyone has different goals and everyone has different type of exercises that work for them.

I've been lifting on and off since 1985 when I took a weight lifting class in high school

Also, I do change up volume (rep ranges) and intensity (weight).

I change things are up with rep ranges, weight, and programs, over periods of time e.g. pyramids to reverse pyramids, super-sets, and "Power-rep range-shock" by Eric Broser which is changing your rep range every week to trick the body.

Boxus and Florida2014 are correct. You are basically training for endurance or to be able to do more reps of a particular exercise. It reminds me of someone training to do as many pushups as possible. If that is your goal, than your training method is fine.

Old 06-24-2019, 06:46 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post

OK bud. Best of luck to you.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Boxus and Florida2014 are correct. You are basically training for endurance or to be able to do more reps of a particular exercise. It reminds me of someone training to do as many pushups as possible. If that is your goal, than your training method is fine.
My goal is just get back to the size of what I was a year ago.

I lost one inch on both arms b/c I went Vegan for about 3 months (or actually, very low to no protein) b/c of a temporary medical condition. At the same time I was only lifting light and sporadically.

My shoulder and leg (and arm) muscles literally disappeared.

The 67 pounds of weight loss was partly my Quads and Hams and upper body muscle loss.

As I noted, I change my routine and don't do the same thing over and over again.

I'll go heavier weight with low reps in 3-4 weeks or so.

I never got more size until I started doing these high reps with medium to lower weight.

I'll keep folks posted on my progress and be honest about it.

It's already working as I'm eating about 130 grams of protein per day.

I've gained 6.6 pounds.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:09 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
I'm a female and while I don't have big bulging muscles (obviously), I have nicely defined bis, tris and delts. Think maybe Michelle Obama's.

I do 2 or 3 sets of 8. Various types of Bicep curls, tri kickbacks, pulley exercises, hammer curls, preacher curls. I increase the weight as I get stronger.

Old 06-25-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I'm a female and while I don't have big bulging muscles (obviously), I have nicely defined bis, tris and delts. Think maybe Michelle Obama's.

I do 2 or 3 sets of 8. Various types of Bicep curls, tri kickbacks, pulley exercises, hammer curls, preacher curls. I increase the weight as I get stronger.
Good on you.

I had a lifting injury and couldn't hit tricepts for about 3 months.

I'll be hitting them in 2 days, as a test.

That's when arm size matters for those interested.

The tris

Old 06-30-2019, 07:52 PM

Here in this video at 10:25 by Gravity Transformation, who has the credentials,

He recommends 120 reps total for Triceps.

Several Tri exercises included if anyone cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkHS8-MWcRQ

Old 07-08-2019, 02:10 AM

AthleanX (Jeff Cavalier) with some good forearm exercises you probably don't see people doint at the gym.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EkKhkSNjWY&t=210s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness