Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 06:35 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,085,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
A crowded gym is not a place for a dog to be roaming around. Think logically here people
I agree here. The dog should be on a leash and next to the owner. People drop heavy weights at the gym.

If the dog is resting and the heavy weight bounces off the ground and hits the dog then what?

You also have to remember that people are breathing deeply while working out. What if someone is allergic to dog dander??

I understand the reason for a service dog but the dog must be next to its owner and on a leash. It should not be running around in a gym. It's a huge liability to the gym if the dog or someone gets injured due to the dog. (then everyone is quiet)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 05:18 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
It could be that you just are not cut out for public gyms and would do better in a private situation.

Having reviewed your posts here I find that you have given no reason to show why you believe the dog was a service animal. It makes a difference.
Actually I've been going to public gyms for over 20 years and have no plans in changing that.

I stated what I stated and what???

Old 12-12-2019, 09:36 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What??? If someone needs a service dog, they have no business being in a gym. That’s absurd.

There are absolutely no animals allowed in our gym.
You win ignorant comment of the thread award lol

Old 12-14-2019, 08:10 AM

4,254 posts, read 3,175,378 times
If someone really needs a service animal that is one thing however in the last few years "service" dogs have become a thing. The majority are NOT actually service dogs. "REAL" service dogs undergo considerable training and putting a vest on them that says they are doesn't make it so! I would have no issue with a real service dog in any environment but there should be some burden of proof on the owner.

Old 12-18-2019, 12:33 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Actually I've been going to public gyms for over 20 years and have no plans in changing that.

I stated what I stated and what???
What makes you think the dog you saw was a "service animal" as opposed to just some guy's pet?

Old 12-19-2019, 05:52 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
What makes you think the dog you saw was a "service animal" as opposed to just some guy's pet?
Honestly I do not know and I don't care. A dog does not belong in a gym period. Just like they do not belong in restaurants and grocery stores

Old 12-19-2019, 09:11 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
you win ignorant comment of the thread award lol
lol!!

Old 12-19-2019, 09:13 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
If someone really needs a service animal that is one thing however in the last few years "service" dogs have become a thing. The majority are NOT actually service dogs. "REAL" service dogs undergo considerable training and putting a vest on them that says they are doesn't make it so! I would have no issue with a real service dog in any environment but there should be some burden of proof on the owner.
Agreed. I am over the whole “ I need my animal with me every minute to get through the day” crap. Stay home if you are that emotionally fragile. The rest of us don’t want to be around your animals. A real service dog is an exception - but the great majority of folks are just misrepresenting their animals so they can take them with them everywhere.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:14 AM

177 posts, read 125,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Agreed. I am over the whole “ I need my animal with me every minute to get through the day” crap. Stay home if you are that emotionally fragile. The rest of us don’t want to be around your animals. A real service dog is an exception - but the great majority of folks are just misrepresenting their animals so they can take them with them everywhere.

But how exactly do you know? You sound very confidant.

Old 12-19-2019, 10:25 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,820,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNPV PSD View Post
But how exactly do you know? You sound very confidant.
No one knows and I think that is the point. So many people are abusing the service/support animal privilege because no one can ask them anything about it or tell them that their animals are not allowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness