Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 04:58 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times

Advertisements

They hold their value well. If you can afford it, try it for 3 months. If it ends up being used as a dust magnet then sell it on Craigslist for 80-90% of what you paid for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2020, 01:53 PM

520 posts, read 3,920,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Thanks for this post! My Peloton is arriving next week an I am thrilled.
You get your bike yet?

Sorry to poop on your happy parade but you see that Peloton just dropped a new bike?
Return and upgrade your bike.
You're gonna like the new one much better.

Peloton Bike+

I'm gonna sell ours and upgrade.

Old 09-08-2020, 03:21 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,822,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi5 View Post
You get your bike yet?

Sorry to poop on your happy parade but you see that Peloton just dropped a new bike?
Return and upgrade your bike.
You're gonna like the new one much better.

Peloton Bike+

I'm gonna sell ours and upgrade.
I get it next week and they just gave me a refund for the price change. So I will have to wait and see if I like it. I did appreciate the fact that they gave me a refund proactively.

Old 09-08-2020, 05:27 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Mine is coming Friday I cannot wait! I miss the competition and having an instructor psh me since COVID. I really wanted to get a Tonal, but sadly nowhere to put it.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:35 PM

Got it today and it is bitchin! It is so quiet. It is also so well made.

Old 09-17-2020, 11:49 AM

520 posts, read 3,920,993 times
Quote:
Got it today and it is bitchin! It is so quiet. It is also so well made.
How are you liking your bike so far?

I wish I could ask how it compares to 1st gen bike.
I've seen the videos on comparisons.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the auto resistance feature.

Thanks

Old 09-17-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi5 View Post
How are you liking your bike so far?

I wish I could ask how it compares to 1st gen bike.
I've seen the videos on comparisons.

Interested to hear your thoughts on the auto resistance feature.

Thanks
I have the original. The new bike came out after I ordered. But I love it and so does my husband.

Old 09-20-2020, 11:31 PM

838 posts, read 2,525,458 times
My wife and I got one last December. I didn't use it much starting out, but have been getting into it more and more. Really enjoy it now and improving my fitness level. There's a lot more than just spin classes, there are strength, stretching, meditation, yoga, etc... All of the classes are available through the mobile app, through the website or on a TV with like a Roku to get the app. I use the Roku app for all the strength, stretching and some meditation/yoga here and there. I have used the website on my laptop in a hotel room before to squeeze in some strength/stretches.

I'm doing something at least once a day now with the Peloton bike or app. We will most likely get the Peloton Tread at some point and buy more free weights.

I highly recommend it to anyone serious about their fitness and well-being. We completely canceled our YMCA membership, so that more than pays the monthly app cost.

Old 09-21-2020, 02:46 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,583,293 times
Quote:
I know we have discussed Pelotons on here before, but I am interested in feedback from people who actually have a Peloton.

My gym just closed for the second time and I don't see it reopening or me wanting to go back with COVID the way it is. I know the Peloton is expensive but that is not my concern.
I love to spin anyway so that is good. And I love the idea of live classes.

I want to know if it is 'all that', in other words, worth it.

I love mine....& it's more than just biking. It synchs with the trainer & extends your program to floor exercises & strength too. Ofc....it can only be good if you use it. It can't give you motivation or inspiration to stick with it. That's gotta come from you. Change it up tho....do a variety of stuff. My fun go to is a dancing pole & pole barre for strengthening...toning & flexibility routines.

I would not recommend investing your money tho....until you are in the habit of working out at home & know you will stick with it. Some ppl don't like the change....I have a couple of single friends that can't wait to get back to gyms.

Old 09-21-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I love mine....& it's more than just biking. It synchs with the trainer & extends your program to floor exercises & strength too. Ofc....it can only be good if you use it. It can't give you motivation or inspiration to stick with it. That's gotta come from you. Change it up tho....do a variety of stuff. My fun go to is a dancing pole & pole barre for strengthening...toning & flexibility routines.

I would not recommend investing your money tho....until you are in the habit of working out at home & know you will stick with it. Some ppl don't like the change....I have a couple of single friends that can't wait to get back to gyms.
Bought it, love it. I was a gym rat until the quarantine, so this is great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness