Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 08:27 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,603,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Are you exercising at the UU church?

I think your schedule sounds great, but be careful with CrossFit. Good for you for your motivation and for being willing to take aqua fitness classes…a lot of guys your age wouldn’t be willing to do that…
I shouldn't have included the UU church in there, that was a copy/paste error.

I'm really enjoying the aqua fitness classes, and I even feel some "burn" during those classes (especially in my calves, but I can lessen that calve pain by landing flat-footed). So far I've only been doing the aqua classes because I wanted to start slow, but starting next sunday, I'll start the yoga classes. I almost did the yoga today, but I really wanted to swim laps in the pool instead, so I did that.

Doing these exercises is making me eat a little less because food isn't the only thing I'm looking forward to. I still eat more than I probably should, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2022, 11:20 AM

10,356 posts, read 8,586,624 times
From what you’ve posted before I think the volume may not be as much of an issue as the type of food you are eating. A lot of greasy fried foods are really bad.

Old 05-30-2022, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
From what you’ve posted before I think the volume may not be as much of an issue as the type of food you are eating. A lot of greasy fried foods are really bad.
True, if there isn't something fried with my food, it doesn't even seem like a meal to me.

Old 05-31-2022, 01:04 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,311,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
Two more questions:

What should I be wearing to these classes as a 26 year old obese man? I'm not used to exercising and I want to be appropriately dressed.

Does crossfit count as a strength exercise or is it more aerobic?
Crossfit does address strength and cardio with a variety of programs and tools, but I highly suggest you build a strength base with some basic bodyweight exercises such as squats, pushups, etc. Maybe visit your local Crossfit gym or "box" and speak with a coach.

Old 06-01-2022, 06:39 PM

10,356 posts, read 8,586,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
True, if there isn't something fried with my food, it doesn't even seem like a meal to me.
Have you ever tried an air fryer. My friend made some hot wings and you would have thought it rated up there with the wheel. They are also very fast cookers too.

Old 06-02-2022, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Have you ever tried an air fryer. My friend made some hot wings and you would have thought it rated up there with the wheel. They are also very fast cookers too.
I got one as a gift a few weeks ago. I still haven't tried it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness