Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 06:37 AM

88 posts, read 67,001 times

Advertisements

Unless I am pressed for time, I shower after my workout. It's not only to get the sweat and smell off of me, but it's a perfect way to wind down after a hard workout. I take longer showers (15-20 minutes) and the time showering is relaxing as well as soothing for my sore muscles and joints.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2022, 04:55 AM

9,452 posts, read 8,429,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
Well I'm a gay guy so for me it isn't homophobia. Do you want guys looking at your penis? Are you sure you're not gay?

Why is modesty homophobia? I've been in locker rooms with other guys and of all of them only about 3% are the ones I want to look at. So I don't think it's homophobia. I think it's modesty.

Why is it so important to you to see naked men? If some guy wrapped a towel around himself to take off his shorts I'm not bothered in the least. Strange that bothers you.
Exactly. And if walking around nude is your thing and you more or less cannot understand why more guys don't do that, why do you shut the door in the stall when doing your "business?" Isn't that the same thing? You're nude, right? If you walk in and see me nude on the toilet, that's YOUR fault!

Old 11-07-2022, 06:41 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,128,773 times
I don't shower at the gym, but mainly because it's right around the corner from my house so I just do it at home where I'm more comfortable and all my stuff is there. Besides, I prefer baths over showers anyway.

Old 11-07-2022, 11:31 AM

4,610 posts, read 2,745,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
Well I'm a gay guy so for me it isn't homophobia. Do you want guys looking at your penis? Are you sure you're not gay?

Why is modesty homophobia? I've been in locker rooms with other guys and of all of them only about 3% are the ones I want to look at. So I don't think it's homophobia. I think it's modesty.

Why is it so important to you to see naked men? If some guy wrapped a towel around himself to take off his shorts I'm not bothered in the least. Strange that bothers you.
I don't care if they see my doohickey. Did you not go to high school? Never been in a locker room? They're all about the same. You got your fat hairy guys, your skinny guys, your well-built guys. It's all the same thing. Nothin' there no one's seen a million times before. I don't care if a gay guy seems my tackle. I'm not gay, so if he WERE to approach me (which has never happened), I'd just say "hey, I'm straight" and that would be the end of it.

Really, between guys who won't shower at the gym for fear someone might see their equipment, and younguns who freak out when they see an insect inside the house, I just wonder if the supply of mattresses is sufficient to cover all these peas.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:47 PM

9,452 posts, read 8,429,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
I don't care if they see my doohickey. Did you not go to high school? Never been in a locker room? They're all about the same. You got your fat hairy guys, your skinny guys, your well-built guys. It's all the same thing. Nothin' there no one's seen a million times before. I don't care if a gay guy seems my tackle. I'm not gay, so if he WERE to approach me (which has never happened), I'd just say "hey, I'm straight" and that would be the end of it.

Really, between guys who won't shower at the gym for fear someone might see their equipment, and younguns who freak out when they see an insect inside the house, I just wonder if the supply of mattresses is sufficient to cover all these peas.
So yet again......we all know you don't mind swinging your sausage around for the world to see. It's being respectful to others that WE don't have to see it. Understand the difference? See my analogy above about using the restroom. I could leave the door wide open but out of courtesy, I keep the door shut. Or if you're in the shower, I suppose you could shower and not close the shower curtain but hey that's crazy, right???

Old 11-07-2022, 01:11 PM

4,610 posts, read 2,745,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
So yet again......we all know you don't mind swinging your sausage around for the world to see. It's being respectful to others that WE don't have to see it. Understand the difference? See my analogy above about using the restroom. I could leave the door wide open but out of courtesy, I keep the door shut. Or if you're in the shower, I suppose you could shower and not close the shower curtain but hey that's crazy, right???
Well, I don't have enough to talk about "swinging a sausage" - maybe a Vienna sausage?

I tell you if they ever bring back the draft there'll be two whole generations whose heads are going to explode. So delicate, so sensitive, so fragile.

Old 11-07-2022, 01:55 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,237,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Exactly. And if walking around nude is your thing and you more or less cannot understand why more guys don't do that, why do you shut the door in the stall when doing your "business?" Isn't that the same thing? You're nude, right? If you walk in and see me nude on the toilet, that's YOUR fault!
I never got this I'm manly so I'm exposing myself to other guys sort of thing. Strange to me.

Old 11-07-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I don't care if they see my doohickey.
sounds like you kind of want them to and one other people to want them to as well.
Quote:
Did you not go to high school? Never been in a locker room? They're all about the same. You got your fat hairy guys, your skinny guys, your well-built guys. It's all the same thing. Nothin' there no one's seen a million times before. I don't care if a gay guy seems my tackle. I'm not gay, so if he WERE to approach me (which has never happened), I'd just say "hey, I'm straight" and that would be the end of it.
why is it so important to you to let people know that you don't care if they see your dental it sounds like you really care about it.

When I was in high school they didn't make us shower I don't know why people take this as like a point of manhood it's strange to me.
Quote:
Why do you think it's a sign of manhood to show other people your genitals it's really bizarre.

Why do you need special naked time with other men?

Old 11-07-2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Well, I don't have enough to talk about "swinging a sausage" - maybe a Vienna sausage?

I tell you if they ever bring back the draft there'll be two whole generations whose heads are going to explode. So delicate, so sensitive, so fragile.
Why do you want guys showering with you why is that so important?

I didn't mind stating that I like guys I'm okay with it so you don't have to hide that from me.

Old 11-07-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I don't shower at the gym, but mainly because it's right around the corner from my house so I just do it at home where I'm more comfortable and all my stuff is there. Besides, I prefer baths over showers anyway.
I don't shower at the gym because it's like someone goes in there and just hoses off the locker room with athlete's foot.

When I stopped going in there I stopped having foot fungus problems.

I never connected the two until I slipped and fell after a shower and had foot fungus on some of their part of my body.

Who would have thought communal showers are disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness