Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2023, 03:25 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,129,371 times

Advertisements

Again, for the Nth time:

If you go to a gym and change in the locker room, there will be some time without clothes on. That’s fine. Sure, I’d prefer a shower door (other gyms that I’ve belonged to have them), but I can deal with it.

What I dislike (how many times do I need to repeat this) is people who parade around the locker room, carrying on conversations, with nothing on. Even if you look away quickly, which I do, you end up seeing things that you don’t want to see.

Any guy who is completely fine with parading around a locker room, seeing and being seen, with nothing on, while carrying on long conversations is either not straight (that’s fine) or does not have the preference against seeing same-gender nudity that a majority of straight men have.

Old 01-10-2023, 03:35 PM

5,034 posts, read 7,414,809 times
When people are born someone needs to tell them, "Welcome to life, you may see some things here that you don't want to see."

Old 01-10-2023, 04:31 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,302,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
Again, for the Nth time:

If you go to a gym and change in the locker room, there will be some time without clothes on. That’s fine. Sure, I’d prefer a shower door (other gyms that I’ve belonged to have them), but I can deal with it.

What I dislike (how many times do I need to repeat this) is people who parade around the locker room, carrying on conversations, with nothing on. Even if you look away quickly, which I do, you end up seeing things that you don’t want to see.

Any guy who is completely fine with parading around a locker room, seeing and being seen, with nothing on, while carrying on long conversations is either not straight (that’s fine) or does not have the preference against seeing same-gender nudity that a majority of straight men have.
I don’t think you are speaking for the ‘majority of men’. Please refrain from using this term. Otherwise, we’d have no college, pro sports, or guys in the service. ‘Parading’ ? I seriously doubt very many sraight guys ‘parade’ around in the locker room. They likely do their business and get out as quickly as possible.

Last edited by Lizap; 01-10-2023 at 04:47 PM..

Old 01-10-2023, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
I don’t think you are speaking for the ‘majority of men’. Please refrain from using this term. Otherwise, we’d have no college, pro sports, or guys in the service. ‘Parading’ ? I seriously doubt very many sraight guys ‘parade’ around in the locker room. They likely do their business and get out as quickly as possible.
I am confident that my views are mainstream among straight men:

We deal with it as needed in the locker room and don’t really care but we don’t wish to see more of it than necessary.

I played high school sports and know what my classmates thought.

You are correct: few straight guys parade around locker rooms while naked. But some do. Those who do, and those who like it, are a small minority. You demonstrated my point.

Old 01-10-2023, 06:45 PM

5,034 posts, read 7,414,809 times
Quote:

We deal with it as needed in the locker room and don’t really care but we don’t wish to see more of it than necessary.

You are correct: few straight guys parade around locker rooms while naked. But some do. Those who do, and those who like it, are a small minority. You demonstrated my point.
You also participated in another thread, "Are you ok with getting naked in a locker room" where 58% answered yes in the poll. A majority, not a "small minority." And presumably that also included women:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/exer...cker-room.html

Old 01-10-2023, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
You also participated in another thread, "Are you ok with getting naked in a locker room" where 58% answered yes in the poll. A majority, not a "small minority." And presumably that also included women:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/exer...cker-room.html
A small survey on an Internet message board is a scientifically valid survey? It accurately reflects the general population? Really? Then those Donald Trump websites that got 25 votes of people who supported Donald Trump and zero who supported others were accurate reflections of how the 2020 election would have been had there been no fraud!

This article sums up the issue well:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...-to-get-naked/

Old 01-10-2023, 08:35 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:

GSPNative,
Thou doth protest too much! Maybe you should see someone about your phallophobia.

Old 01-11-2023, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
GSPNative,
Thou doth protest too much! Maybe you should see someone about your phallophobia.
Any guy who claims to be straight but either likes or is not at all turned off by a nude guy parading around in a locker room, engaged in long conversations, is not normal. Those of us who do not care for such things are in the mainstream.

Old 01-11-2023, 06:56 AM

6,632 posts, read 4,302,964 times
Quote:
Any guy who claims to be straight but either likes or is not at all turned off by a nude guy parading around in a locker room, engaged in long conversations, is not normal. Those of us who do not care for such things are in the mainstream.

Any guy who goes on and on about naked guys in a locker room is NOT ‘’in the mainstream’..

Old 01-11-2023, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Any guy who goes on and on about naked guys in a locker room is NOT ‘’in the mainstream’..
Yes, so why do others in this thread keep going on and on about how they’re fine with extensive nudity in the locker room, and claim that their view is normal? Thank you for repeatedly confirming my position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness