Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2023, 01:07 PM

4,510 posts, read 2,651,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Wrong again. I come at it from a liberal background. The trend is toward more conservative dress and behaviors than what I grew up with. Look at how bathing suits and shorts evolved. In the 70's men wore short shorts and bikini briefs (look at basketball players and Olympic swimmers from that decade), and they've been getting longer ever since, going to knee length, and oversized. In my view, to be liberal is to be uninhibited and comfortable with the body, and to be conservative is to be prudish and covered up. People who covered up excessively we called "squares." You could judge who was more conservative or liberal by how much flesh was exposed.

Have you ever seen documentaries about Woodstock? Do you think all those young people taking off their clothes were conservatives? Something is wrong with you.
Well, the millennials and Gen Zers are the most coddled, prissy, fearful generation I've seen, for sure. All their tattoos and piercings and purple hair are just camouflage to disguise just how fearfully conformist they really are.

Old 01-11-2023, 06:55 PM

6,627 posts, read 4,289,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I'll guarantee Marines, NFL players and whatever other masculine vocation you can think of probably don't enjoy Grandpa Bill walking up to them stark naked and asking about the football game last night either.

Call me crazy.
Who says a guy has to carry on a conversation with another guy who’s naked? If you don’t say anything, he’ll get the message and move away,

Old 01-11-2023, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
Any guy who claims to be straight but either likes or is not at all turned off by a nude guy parading around in a locker room, engaged in long conversations, is not normal. Those of us who do not care for such things are in the mainstream.
Why are you looking at naked guys? Why don’t you keep your eyes on the floor, your locker, your clothes, the showerhead, etc.

Old 01-12-2023, 03:20 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,127,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Why are you looking at naked guys? Why don’t you keep your eyes on the floor, your locker, your clothes, the showerhead, etc.
Why are you not reading before responding?

As I have stated over and over, I DON’T look at them.

However, if a naked guy is parading around the locker room, he will come in sight even though you don’t want to see him. And even if you look away immediately, which I do, you still see things that you don’t want to see, if even for a moment.

Again: please let me know how many times I will need to repeat basic facts to you until you understand.

Please also let me know why encouraging same-gender nudity is so important to you.

Old 01-12-2023, 07:31 AM

2,281 posts, read 1,581,021 times
It's part of life at the gym and it's good all ages of "adults" are allowed to go.

You need to get used to differences in society or stay home.

Old 01-12-2023, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
It's part of life at the gym and it's good all ages of "adults" are allowed to go.

You need to get used to differences in society or stay home.
Agreed. No one is forcing him to go into a locker room.

Old 01-12-2023, 09:12 AM

5,014 posts, read 7,401,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
Why are you not reading before responding?

As I have stated over and over, I DON’T look at them.

However, if a naked guy is parading around the locker room, he will come in sight even though you don’t want to see him. And even if you look away immediately, which I do, you still see things that you don’t want to see, if even for a moment.

Again: please let me know how many times I will need to repeat basic facts to you until you understand.

Please also let me know why encouraging same-gender nudity is so important to you.
So you've stated over and over that "straight men" don't like seeing other men walking around naked, implying that only gay men would dare go commando in the locker room, yet your only example of someone you accidentally saw naked was a straight man. Makes sense to me.

You are the poster boy for insecurity.

Old 01-12-2023, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
So you've stated over and over that "straight men" don't like seeing other men walking around naked, implying that only gay men would dare go commando in the locker room, yet your only example of someone you accidentally saw naked was a straight man. Makes sense to me.

You are the poster boy for insecurity.
I’m sensing that personal issues such as this may call for some professional help.

Old 01-12-2023, 12:58 PM

5,014 posts, read 7,401,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
I’m sensing that personal issues such as this may call for some professional help.
Just give it more time and more life experience. It's never too late to work on confidence, self-acceptance, or gaining enough serenity so that little things like this don't bother him. This is why the "old men" don't care, they've lived through a lot.

And what's the problem with a little parading or strutting now and then, it wouldn't kill him. Might be just what the doctor ordered.

Old 01-12-2023, 02:19 PM

4,510 posts, read 2,651,635 times
After you've had an attractive young female doctor give you a colonoscopy and had an attractive young nurse do an ultrasound inspection of your testicles, you start to realize that naked people are just people with their clothes off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness