Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2023, 02:22 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,128,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
Just give it more time and more life experience. It's never too late to work on confidence, self-acceptance, or gaining enough serenity so that little things like this don't bother him. This is why the "old men" don't care, they've lived through a lot.

And what's the problem with a little parading or strutting now and then, it wouldn't kill him. Might be just what the doctor ordered.
I’m approaching retirement age.

As I’ve said over and over and over and over, while dealing with some nudity is something that one just deals with in a gym locker room and people don’t really care, the issue is that straight men are generally wired not to want to look at other men who are nude. Thus straight men don’t generally want to look at other men who are parading around in the nude. It’s how I’m wired (not to want to see that).

When I’m in the locker room, I don’t care if I glance at another guy for a millisecond as I’m getting into the shower, but I really don’t want a nude guy parading around and suddenly appearing right near me. And I don’t care for a nude guy to walk around, engaged in a long conversation.

Since you and the other proponent of same-gender nudity in this thread refuse to read or acknowledge what I say (you both keep making up things), I’m not going to continue with you.

Any straight man who likes seeing extended same-gender nudity is either not straight or not normal.

Old 01-12-2023, 02:35 PM

4,527 posts, read 2,664,836 times
I'm not a proponent of nudity; I'm a proponent of not getting your knickers in a twist over it.

Since this not-very-subtle distinction is still too subtle for you, I think this discussion has run its course.

Old 01-12-2023, 02:43 PM

1,912 posts, read 1,128,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
I'm not a proponent of nudity; I'm a proponent of not getting your knickers in a twist over it.

Since this not-very-subtle distinction is still too subtle for you, I think this discussion has run its course.
At the gym, I don’t say anything to nude guys; I just walk away and go about my business.

In this thread, I’m being called all sorts of things for simply stating how I think. What gets “knickers in a twist” are people who twist others’ words and insult them, while proclaiming deviancy. All I’m doing is responding to that.

But I’m done.

Last edited by GSPNative; 01-12-2023 at 03:00 PM..

Old 01-12-2023, 03:39 PM

6,631 posts, read 4,296,659 times
He’s keeps using the word ‘parade’. It’s hard for me to believe that he’s seen naked guys ‘parading’ in locker rooms. The easiest solution is for this poster to not go into a locker room if he has a phobia, plain and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.