Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2023, 12:10 PM

310 posts, read 322,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlBeachIguana View Post
Thank you, but no need to defend me. I found it hilarious luckyme thought I would be their PT
Glad you were amused.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2023, 12:12 PM

310 posts, read 322,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena727 View Post
I really don't think we should take it to this extend. He simply gave me some ideas and info, as well as opinions. No need to assume accountability or blame for any exercise going wrong. I asked for routine ideas and received them. I don't know why we should assume everything should be taken so literally.
Bad advice on an exercise message board can be dangerous. I am glad you are just taking it all in stride and absorbing what is useful to you.

Old 02-22-2023, 01:01 PM

41 posts, read 40,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme609 View Post
Bad advice on an exercise message board can be dangerous. I am glad you are just taking it all in stride and absorbing what is useful to you.
Yes, that's what I'm doing. Face to face is best but message boards are what we have at the moment and it's best when used the right way! Yes, I've found it helpful.

Old 02-22-2023, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlBeachIguana View Post
Thank you, but no need to defend me. I found it hilarious luckyme thought I would be their PT
Consider it my 'thank-you' in exchange for the help

Old 02-22-2023, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Regarding the deadlift, while it is important to use good form in any movement, it is particularly important to have good form in the deadlift and there are a number of things to keep in mind. With that in mind I selected the video below concerning the proper way to do the deadlift. I hope you'll watch it and apply what it says in your deadlifts. Stay safe.

How To Deadlift with Proper Form - The Best Technique Checklist and Common Mistakes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beo24Plj1dc
Thanks for the video. Which of the two would be for a beginner? My guess is sumo?

Old 02-22-2023, 02:04 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Thanks for the video. Which of the two would be for a beginner? My guess is sumo?
I would think that you could do either one as a beginner, depending on which one feels more right for you. Personally, I think the regular deadlift feels more natural. But that's me.

Old 02-22-2023, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
I would think that you could do either one as a beginner, depending on which one feels more right for you. Personally, I think the regular deadlift feels more natural. But that's me.
Maybe you're right, since legs are closer together.

Old 02-24-2023, 05:37 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,883,528 times
Quote:
Okay drill sergeant you seem to have all the answers. If you were my personal trainer I would fire you in a heartbeat.
You have zero knowledge of this person and her capabilities yet you tell her what she must do.
For the record I have been exercising my whole life and am fit. I also know how to injure myself, and how to succeed.
Yeah that was why I disagreed with it too.

Quote:
I really don't think we should take it to this extend. He simply gave me some ideas and info, as well as opinions. No need to assume accountability or blame for any exercise going wrong. I asked for routine ideas and received them. I don't know why we should assume everything should be taken so literally.
The idea that there are only two people those than can and can't is wrong. There is a power with the word yet. You maybe able to do a deadlift, but it is ok to say you can't do it yet. It is also very good to list things you don't have the ability to do.

As for taking things literally, welcome to forums. Forums are absent it context and tone.

Quote:
Yes especially with free weights. Issue with form during a free weight workout and you can hurt yourself and set yourself back.

Old 03-27-2023, 01:58 AM

1 posts, read 360 times
Having a workout routine is important to avoid the risk of engaging in a particular exercise than the other. One of the ways you can achieve this is by establishing timelines for different works. While this sounds easily achievable, it is easier said than done.
To help you in creating and sticking to these timelines, there is a workout app that can greatly assist you to stick you the schedules. It is free to download and use from google play. If interested, you can get it via this link [url]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sebsonmedia.gymapplication&pli=1[/url]

Old 04-06-2023, 07:14 PM

325 posts, read 56,935 times
If you’re interested in using DVDS or streaming, I highly recommend that you check out Cathe Friedrich’s website. She has workouts that will help you reach your stated goals. There’s a forum where you can ask questions and get feedback. Here’s her website: https://cathe.com/

Here’s a preview of one of my favorite Cathe workouts, Muscle Max: https://youtu.be/z2xXg0CEEAQ

Also, here’s a forum for people (mostly woman) that workout from home. There’s a lot of workout reviews and nice people willing to help you achieve your goals. It’s very motivating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness