Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2023, 06:01 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,364,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
My secret is not to have food in the house that is irresistible.
I'm retired so keeping temptation far away works for me because I am terrible at diets.
That worked fine for me until I got married and then again when we had kids. Fattening garbage is everywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2023, 06:26 PM

61,798 posts, read 87,269,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The world subsists on carbs. In the Germanic countries, including Scandinavia, it's potatoes. The French elevated the lowly potato to an art, by adding cheese and creme sauces. Eastern Europe is big on potatoes, rice and more recently (very relatively speaking): noodles. The Italians love their pasta. Bread, also, is pretty much a required component of daily meals throughout Europe. Oceania is big on taro root.

Other parts of the world subsist on yams, cassava, and other starchy roots. Plantains are big in parts of Latin America and the caribbean. Ditto: potatoes. Beans of various sorts are common around the world. Traditional in the Americas before the European presence were corn, beans, sweet potatoes, and from the Andes: potatoes, amaranth, and quinoa, as well as a native specie of bean. Manioc (aka: cassava or yucca) in the Amazon. Asia is big on rice, and also noodles.

Just try to travel to any part of the world on a low-carb diet. It's very difficult, if not impossible, to do.

That's like a view from the 90s! Stereotyped too.
Many things changed, and so the cuisine. Most restaurants have some selection for vegetarians and will happily prepare something for every diet restriction. Also heavy foods are mostly in small and rural places. In cities you find a good variety of ethnic dishes and nouvelle cuisine.

There are places just with salads and healthy smoothies. You can buy food by weight and the selection is huge.

Old 07-02-2023, 06:13 AM

4,201 posts, read 2,520,287 times
I don't drink, thus alcohol can stay forever, but sweets, I inhale them. Thus, I go make groceries every day. If I have a pound of peaches, I'll eat the pound. The other thing is to watch sugar, salt and all the all other stuff. Once doing that, there is almost nothing left to buy at the store that doesn't need preparation. I keep the pounds off by exercise and limiting intake. It's not easy, but doable. Support is also important; not having family members who understand why you are not eating cake and the other stuff.

Old 07-02-2023, 06:37 AM

2 posts, read 1,028 times
So.... how do you motivate yourself when you are in that moment where your body is saying "**********... let's do something else"...?

Old 07-02-2023, 03:41 PM

4,952 posts, read 3,066,789 times
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323721

Try ACV, it does work...and as mentioned previously avoid sugars and carbs.
As your body burns those first, then triggers hunger.

Old 07-06-2023, 08:26 AM

6,463 posts, read 7,805,795 times
The secret is cocaine.

You're welcome.

Old 07-10-2023, 01:35 AM

63 posts, read 8,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Input less than output.
Exercise.
Agreed

Old 07-10-2023, 05:32 AM

8,420 posts, read 7,429,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
The secret is cocaine.

You're welcome.
John Belushi, Chris Farley, Sam Kinison, and Artie Lang all proved that the secret to weight loss is not cocaine.

Old 07-10-2023, 05:51 AM

9,415 posts, read 8,393,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I'd like to think that it's an AI looking for the answer for "What is the secret to lose weight?"

I do note that if one Googles the phrase in the title, the first hit is to a web site for a horse nutritional supplement company.
Even AI would not misspell "lose".

Old 07-10-2023, 07:32 AM

4,544 posts, read 2,698,884 times
Eat less.

Exercise more.

You're welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness