Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2023, 10:51 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
A little bit of vanity for me I think. I work harder in the gym and on my diet now than I ever did when I was younger. But am seeing results that are a lot less. It's bothersome. I think I'll get my levels checked at my next annual phsyical.
Yes it's important to get your levels checked first before making any decisions. Your lack of energy and some other issues you might be dealing with could very well be caused by other things (poor diet, lack of sleep, weight issues, etc.).

Worth noting you don't get just testosterone and go home. You must, by law, continue to see the physician and have thorough bloodwork done every 6 months (minimum) to continue treatment. So if anything should happen to go out of whack such as estrogen, they can work with you on how to remedy that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2023, 10:54 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,492,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Yes it's important to get your levels checked first before making any decisions. Your lack of energy and some other issues you might be dealing with could very well be caused by other things (poor diet, lack of sleep, weight issues, etc.).

Worth noting you don't get just testosterone and go home. You must, by law, continue to see the physician and have thorough bloodwork done every 6 months (minimum) to continue treatment. So if anything should happen to go out of whack such as estrogen, they can work with you on how to remedy that.
Yes, by giving you aromatase inhibitors. More side effects. Especially joint problems.

Old 07-25-2023, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
It'd the US, anyone can find a doc willing to write an Rx for testosterone. I know many 20-30s on TRT, with doctor Rx. Somehow I doubt they're actually low in testosterone.
I think like any prescription drug, sure there are people who are abusing them but that does not diminish the benefits it has for those who really need it. Some people need pain meds for daily life while others just want the high. Same with medical marijuana. But that doesn't mean there isn't a legitimate need for such things.

Not everyone gets high estrogen, AIs are only for those who's estrogen levels rise, which can be common. I've taken them periodically and had zero side effects from them. My only side effect from TRT through 3 years on it now has been a little acne popping up here and there, small price to pay for all of the wonderful benefits I've experienced.

Old 07-25-2023, 06:43 PM

3,687 posts, read 2,408,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
What do you guys think of TRT? Lots of paths for discussion and thoughts.

Is it a steroid?
Is it PED?
Should men try to avoid it?
How helpful is it for performance?
Etc.
To answer your questions, I highly recommend the book by Dr. Abraham Morgantaler, a Harvard MD who's been working with Testosterone patients for decades. The books is called "Testosterone for Life," meaning to have a better life. This book is a quick read and written for the layman.

There are also some very good and informatvie TRT YT sites.

Quote:
Any thoughts from people who are on it, for it, against it, etc. All comments welcome.
My Test levels were 8.1 and then 9.2 on two tests. My SHBG was 16.8.

All these numbers were below the lowest normal range.

Since increasing my T with a good MD my life has changed. I have more energy, more strength, no longer need naps, and libido is up.

Everything is better.

TRT is just replacing something natural that I lost.

Old 07-25-2023, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
My Test levels were 8.1 and then 9.2 on two tests. My SHBG was 16.8.
Are we talking ng/dL or nmol/L ?

Old 07-25-2023, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Are we talking ng/dL or nmol/L ?
This is metric.....so, nmol/L.

There are tables online to convert to ng/dl if one wants to.

Old 07-26-2023, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returning2USA View Post
This is metric.....so, nmol/L.

There are tables online to convert to ng/dl if one wants to.
Both are actually metric units.

For those above 50, 6.68-25.7 nmol/L is the range, so you'd be normal, just on the bottom end of the range if above 50.

For below 50, it's 8.64-29 nmol/L. So you're at the very bottom end of the normal range.

Old 07-26-2023, 08:19 AM

Quote:

For those above 50, 6.68-25.7 nmol/L is the range, so you'd be normal, just on the bottom end of the range if above 50.

For below 50, it's 8.64-29 nmol/L. So you're at the very bottom end of the normal range.
You seem to know a LOT about TRT for someone who is very much against it. Are you sure you haven't tried it before?

Old 07-26-2023, 08:31 AM

Quote:

Your figures are debatable and I will say wrong:

12.0 is the low range internationally. I was 8.1 and 9.2 - this is below the normal range.

Also, the "normal" ranges have been lowered b/c the "normal" T ranges for males has been decreasing for decades for many reasons: chemicals in food and Astrazine in water, etc.

Old 07-26-2023, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
You seem to know a LOT about TRT for someone who is very much against it. Are you sure you haven't tried it before?
He/she does not know what he/she is talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness