Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2023, 04:56 PM

1,063 posts, read 911,498 times

Advertisements

since spray was asked for:

make your own.
lots of Youtube vids show how.
i mix 50% rubbing alcohol and
vinegar and water. adjust the
amounts to your specifications.
yes, the vinegar smells but only
for ~10 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2023, 08:12 PM

4,259 posts, read 3,179,117 times
"Smart wool" socks! Expensive but worth it.

Old 11-14-2023, 10:12 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post
Hi

For years, I have been using Skechers Odor Eliminator Spray for my shoes and w.o. gloves, hen I finish my w.o. The 6oz bottle used to be $8. Several months ago, I walked in to a store to buy a few more, and they were $10. They have now raised the price to $12. No.

Any other suggs?

Thanks in advance.
Another vote for OdoBan. I pay around $11 or so for a gallon at Home Depot.

Old 11-14-2023, 12:22 PM

4,542 posts, read 2,694,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Another vote for OdoBan. I pay around $11 or so for a gallon at Home Depot.
I'm still going to vote for SOAP and WATER. Surely far less than $11/gal., and way more effective.

Keep yourself clean, and keep your clothing clean, and you won't smell bad. Seems kind of remarkable that we have to tell someone this in the year 2023, but there it is.

Old 11-14-2023, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
I'm still going to vote for SOAP and WATER. Surely far less than $11/gal., and way more effective.

Keep yourself clean, and keep your clothing clean, and you won't smell bad. Seems kind of remarkable that we have to tell someone this in the year 2023, but there it is.
Soap and water often isn't enough to break down odor causing compounds, which is why you might need to supplement with enzyme type cleaners.

Your comment about keeping yourself and your clothes clean is extremely odd in this instance. The OP question is related to his workout clothes, which by their very nature are going to get sweaty and dirty.

Old 11-14-2023, 04:11 PM

4,542 posts, read 2,694,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Soap and water often isn't enough to break down odor causing compounds, which is why you might need to supplement with enzyme type cleaners.

Your comment about keeping yourself and your clothes clean is extremely odd in this instance. The OP question is related to his workout clothes, which by their very nature are going to get sweaty and dirty.
If you start out with a clean body contained in clean clothes, athletic activity will not by itself make you smell bad. When you finish the workout, take a shower and put your clean street clothes back on, and then take your sweaty workout clothes home and WASH THEM.

Honestly, am I actually having to explain this?

Old 11-14-2023, 04:58 PM

Quote:
If you start out with a clean body contained in clean clothes, athletic activity will not by itself make you smell bad.
Right off the bat you get it wrong. While this may be true for YOU (and I, for that matter) there are a whole host of variables that can affect this for other people.

Quote:
When you finish the workout, take a shower and put your clean street clothes back on, and then take your sweaty workout clothes home and WASH THEM.
Right. But as my previous post pointed out, there are many for whom that doesn't work well enough.

Quote:
I'm more concerned about why you're so invested in arguing here. Either you're ignorant to the fact that other people's bodies are different from yours or you just so damned determined to look smarter than everyone else. Either one is a bad look, frankly.

Old 11-18-2023, 12:03 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,594,869 times
Quote:
If you start out with a clean body contained in clean clothes, athletic activity will not by itself make you smell bad. When you finish the workout, take a shower and put your clean street clothes back on, and then take your sweaty workout clothes home and WASH THEM.

Kids today!

Old 11-23-2023, 07:32 AM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
Don't spend a lot, most of the wild claims made by many of the odor-eliminator-products
and very exaggerated.

Old 11-23-2023, 10:26 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,507,148 times
I sweat a lot in the gym. For things like workout clothes, washing them immediately with detergent works. But for my shoes, not at all. Things like Odoban are needed, and even then I have 5 pairs of workout shoes and need to replace them every 3 or so months.

If you sweat a lot, it's a battle to keep your workout clothes smelling nice. Generally the more muscle mass you have, the more you will sweat as muscle is like 70% water.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness