Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:37 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,416,945 times

Advertisements

Tampon won't get stuck. Use a pad and a tampon. I always do.

Or, better yet, since you no longer have the luxury of not exercising during your period, why not get on meds to get rid of your period altogether?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 12:41 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,454,873 times
Under even normal circumstances I have to wear both. I have the kind of pads that have wings and they never move around.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:16 AM

61 posts, read 95,296 times
Surprised a vote hasn't yet been cast for the Diva Cup. Since making the switch last year, I simply can't imagine life without it, especially for exercising! Woo-hoo, I love it! Never buy pads/tampons again (save money and good for the environment), plus it's WAY more comfortable. A simple google search will provide a plethora of links and discussions about the DC to answer every imaginable question/concern. I'm in no way connected to the company, just a VERY happy customer.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:23 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,454,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComparedToWhere View Post
Surprised a vote hasn't yet been cast for the Diva Cup. Since making the switch last year, I simply can't imagine life without it, especially for exercising! Woo-hoo, I love it! Never buy pads/tampons again (save money and good for the environment), plus it's WAY more comfortable. A simple google search will provide a plethora of links and discussions about the DC to answer every imaginable question/concern. I'm in no way connected to the company, just a VERY happy customer.
A girlfriend of mine has used this item prior to have an hysterectomy. She swore by them. FRankly I have no plans to have anymore children, I would rather have it all jerked out.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:28 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,376,213 times
You beat me to it, the diva cup is the great.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:31 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,796,885 times
I'd recommend a menstrual cup.
I personally use reusable pads and work out but that's just me. I don't have a harsh work out routine any way.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:19 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,170,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
But other times, it is fabulous---like when we're buying shoes
totally the best part!!! Close runner up.....ED Issues!!! lol

Oh....btw, I've never heard of a tampon falling out....I totally rock a tampon...never a diaper.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:52 AM

173 posts, read 980,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
I'd recommend a menstrual cup.
I personally use reusable pads and work out but that's just me. I don't have a harsh work out routine any way.
That doesn't sound comfortable. Maybe it is.. never used one. I just have a visual that isn't showing pleasant pictures of running with one. lol

Old 09-01-2008, 10:09 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,057,821 times
I'm with you ladies on the benefits of the diva cup and cloth menstrual pads. That's what I've been using for years - LOVE it. I love not having to worry about running out, and the tampons used to sort of dry me out. The diva cup doesn't do that. The disposable pads used to irritate my skin or give me a slight rash, or the stupid tape would stick in places it wasn't supposed to stick or the stupid velcro bit would scratch me... and those wings? Whatever... they don't work like the commercials say they do! And so itchy. I hated pads.

Anyway... the diva cup - once you learn to use it, and it's not that hard really if you can learn to use a tampon correctly you can learn to use the diva cup correctly - is wonderful. I actually learned more about my own body and my own cycle by using it. And the cloth menstrual pads are also really comfy and wonderful.

I love not having to think about all that gross period trash I used to toss into the landfills each month. That stuff is going to be sitting out there for a very long time. Nasty. Just like disposable diapers! Yuk. The diva cup and cloth pads save you money, are more comfortable, and are much better for the environment. I don't really understand why more women haven't caught on. Maybe it's just the fear of trying something new, dunno?

Old 09-01-2008, 10:54 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,687,887 times
I wear plugs. I couldn't imagine working out in a pad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness