Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 11:45 AM

55 posts, read 124,257 times

Advertisements

Ok I eat salads all day long, I have the normal salad with very light dressing. I dont eat alot of dressing on my salads.. Normal size portions on whatever I add to them. I walk 3 miles a day everyday and then I go home and do more walking on the tredmill.. I am not loosing weight? I dont understand. I dont eat any junk food. No fast food, etc. Nothing like that.. I drink water all day, sometimes I will drink diet drinks.??? I am so ready to give up on all this. I am not taking any diet medicines. I was trying to refrain from that. Im on my last hope? any advise please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2008, 11:57 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,970 times
how long have you been doing this?

Old 07-21-2008, 01:08 PM

645 posts, read 1,964,727 times
I would suggest you increase the intensity of your cardo.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:12 PM

938 posts, read 3,506,694 times
Count up the calories you eat every day, and compare them to the calories you are burning. You should eat a few hundred less calories a day then you need to lose weight. Also, make sure you are eating enough...if you eat far too little (which a diet of salads may very well be), your body will go into "starvation mode", and you'll have a very hard time losing weight effectively, have little energy, and be hungry often.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:15 PM

444 posts, read 1,049,604 times
How long have you been doing this? Please don't give up. You may have to intensify your cardio. You also can't just ealt lettuce all day. Remeber a balanced diet is the key. If you eat too little calories your body will go into starvation mode and instead of burning fat it will store fat. It is safe to lose no more than than 2 pounds a week. You also can't espect it to happen overnight. You also won't notice it for the first couple of weeks. if you lose one pound does anyone really know? when you lose five you clothes start fitting differently and other start to notive as well. Please keep at it and don't give up!

Old 07-21-2008, 01:37 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Stalls are normal and can last up to three months. Your body gets used to the same exercises and will use less calories to do them eventually. Its a good reason to switch up what you are doing.

Other than that it doesnt sound like you have 1200 calories in your day

Try:
Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople

Old 07-21-2008, 03:23 PM

702 posts, read 2,523,908 times
I think it is important to be sure you are not starving your body. If you are eating only salads all day long - what's on them? Are you getting any protein? Complex carbs? Are you drinking enough water? I find that simple carbs just act like a magnet for weight as does any processed foods. When I eat really clean (no white stuff, foods in their original organic form) and then add reasonable exersize (5 days of some form of moderate cardio - walking and pilates or resistence bands) the weight comes off. The other issue is age or medical issues. Have you had a physical recently? There may be a medical reason or perhaps it's just as everyone says it's a plateau. Also consider eating well balanced small meals every two to three hours to get that metabolism burning!

I have a website I use to keep track of my food and exersize called "fitday.com" and it is free! It will calculate all of your calories and breakdown the nutritional content of your meals. You can also keep track of the calories you burn doing exersize. You can track your weight too and you can create graphs to see what percentage of carbs, fat, protein etc and graph weight loss etc. It's fun and as a recent study supports - writing down what we eat helps people loose and keep off weight. Good luck!

Old 07-21-2008, 10:14 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,970,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onethatsbroken View Post
Ok I eat salads all day long, I have the normal salad with very light dressing. I dont eat alot of dressing on my salads.. Normal size portions on whatever I add to them. I walk 3 miles a day everyday and then I go home and do more walking on the tredmill.. I am not loosing weight? I dont understand. I dont eat any junk food. No fast food, etc. Nothing like that.. I drink water all day, sometimes I will drink diet drinks.??? I am so ready to give up on all this. I am not taking any diet medicines. I was trying to refrain from that. Im on my last hope? any advise please help
You eat nothing but salads? How many calories are you consuming daily? Do you eat protein at all? sugars? carbs?

Old 07-22-2008, 10:17 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,530,712 times
You're body needs a variety of calories and nutrients. You can't live on salad alone (besides, salads are high on carbohydrates and you don't need a lot of carbs in your diet).

Also, you probably need to change up the workout routine (I find walking quite boring and tedious). Try jogging/running, swimming, jumping rope, or do aerobics (get an aerbobics DVD to workout with). You need something with more stamina in it and more work on your heart (more intense cardio workouts). Just walking ain't going to cut it, sweety.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:17 PM

702 posts, read 2,523,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leana76 View Post
You're body needs a variety of calories and nutrients. You can't live on salad alone (besides, salads are high on carbohydrates and you don't need a lot of carbs in your diet).

Ok - can you clarify the part about salads being high in carbohydrates? I'm just curious about that. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness