Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 09:24 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times

Advertisements

Speaking of motivation.......lastnight was the first night in a long time I actually skipped my workout......actually I attempted to work out but I was so tired for some reason,.....I'm not talking like "yawn" tired i'm talking like seeing stars, feel like passing out tired......never have I ever felt that way and It really scares me bcs I'm not sure why.......so I ended up doing 10 mins of cardio and then started feeling woozy.....went to weights and did like one set of 15 on three machines and seriously felt like I was going to keel over.......very wierd.....and scary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 09:42 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
Speaking of motivation.......lastnight was the first night in a long time I actually skipped my workout......actually I attempted to work out but I was so tired for some reason,.....I'm not talking like "yawn" tired i'm talking like seeing stars, feel like passing out tired......never have I ever felt that way and It really scares me bcs I'm not sure why.......so I ended up doing 10 mins of cardio and then started feeling woozy.....went to weights and did like one set of 15 on three machines and seriously felt like I was going to keel over.......very wierd.....and scary.
You're getting old Lola. Thats what happens when you turn 24 years old.

Seriously, you should go see your doctor just to make sure everything is okay. When I feel that way, I usually just take a week off from working out. I do nothing for a week just to let my body rest.

Time for a vacation?

Old 10-15-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
You're getting old Lola. Thats what happens when you turn 24 years old.

Seriously, you should go see your doctor just to make sure everything is okay. When I feel that way, I usually just take a week off from working out. I do nothing for a week just to let my body rest.

Time for a vacation?
Yea, I guess that's true....I'm not getting any younger I aint as good as I once was lol........Now that I think about it more and go through what I did yesterday.....I could have been dehydrated. I didn't drink much water and did a lot of running around at work......could have been it......or maybe i'm getting the flu oh geez I hope not.

I do need a vacation! How'd ya guess??? Your good DaBeez .

Old 10-15-2008, 02:23 PM

58 posts, read 193,162 times
When I need motivation, I put one foot in front of the other. For early morning workouts, when I don't want to get out of bed, I first sit up. That done, I get up. Each step I take puts me closer to getting out the door to the track. Once I'm in the car and on my way, I figure what the heck and finish so I can go about my day.

I have been sorry for NOT getting up before, but I have NEVER been sorry for actually getting up and going.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hank morgan View Post
When I need motivation, I put one foot in front of the other. For early morning workouts, when I don't want to get out of bed, I first sit up. That done, I get up. Each step I take puts me closer to getting out the door to the track. Once I'm in the car and on my way, I figure what the heck and finish so I can go about my day.

I have been sorry for NOT getting up before, but I have NEVER been sorry for actually getting up and going.
That's awesome.....when I was training full time most of my clients fought over my early morning appointments.......It really does make such a huge difference in the way you feel throughout the day as well as the quality of work out you get.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:05 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
That's awesome.....when I was training full time most of my clients fought over my early morning appointments.......It really does make such a huge difference in the way you feel throughout the day as well as the quality of work out you get.
I totally agree. I usually try to get to the gym by 5:00AM each morning. It makes a tremendous difference in how I feel the rest of the day when I workout that early. I almost feel bionic so that really motivates me.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I totally agree. I usually try to get to the gym by 5:00AM each morning. It makes a tremendous difference in how I feel the rest of the day when I workout that early. I almost feel bionic so that really motivates me.
Love it! I love to hear that i'm not the only nerd who gets excited about excersize

Old 10-17-2008, 01:02 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,470,817 times
I get home, change, grab a red bull and head out the door before I can talk myself out of it.

Today is my one day off.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
I get home, change, grab a red bull and head out the door before I can talk myself out of it.

Today is my one day off.
hahaha.....that's funny. Some days I feel that way too but I always feel better when I'm done

Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 AM

105 posts, read 682,598 times
Default Seeing the difference and having someone to answer to

I agree with a lot of the people that have already posted....seeing results plays a HUGE part in my motivation.

I was on a very regular workout schedule for a long time and wondered whether it was actually making a difference or not. Well, I stopped working out for just under two months when I moved states- I realized that working out regularly WAS making a huge difference and just knowing that motivated me to get back on my regular schedule.

My boyfriend and I ask each other every night "Did you work out today?" I could never lie to him, and I would hate to have to tell him "No, I didn't workout". By always asking, "did you..?", we almost guilt each other into working out. haha..whatever works though right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness