Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 11:49 AM

7,371 posts, read 5,485,714 times

Advertisements

I have the wii fit and found that if your back is bothering you the Yoga exercises help tremendously. Just bought the EA Active for wii and I highly recommend this one. It kicks your butt! I am finding my muscles toning and my flabby stomach is getting much flatter and toned. Love it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 04:38 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,053,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
Highly recommends Gold's Gym Cardio Workout if you like throwing different punches. Thanks to some of the reviews on this forum, I wouldn't even have bothered looking into the game but now I'm thankful I did. Sure breaks up any exercise routine and makes you sweat. I love it!
We have the Wii sports game, and it has boxing... the kids especially love it! There's also golf, tennis, bowling, and a few other games... but the boxing really works your arms out. It's a great way to blow off steam and burn some calories, too.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:46 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Am already feeling a difference in my body from only three days of using the Wii fit exercises. Still can't hit all those soccer balls and still can't hold the tree pose on my right leg without touching something for support, but I still make the effort. Love that there are a wide variety of exercises to try which makes each day of exercises different from the last. Still start with the balance exercies, then the aerobics, and end with the yoga. Will start my push-ups and sit-ups away from the Wii. When I get up to about 15 to 20 of the sit-ups and push-ups then I'll do certain strengthening exercises. Can't do the plank due to bad shoulder. Once I get better at the Wii Fit, I'll get the Fit Plus and other exercise CDs.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:13 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,427,403 times
Highly recommend Wii Fit Plus, Biggest Loser and EA Active Sports. LOVE them

And for those looking to add new items to their Wii exercises.. I see Big Lots carries step board for step aerobics, leg and ankle weights, dumbbells that wiimotes go into, jump ropes, boxing gloves, ect. Prices rang 5-10$ for each item. I am so buying all of them

Old 01-29-2010, 12:35 PM

36,422 posts, read 16,036,192 times
Ok help me, a client of mine who is autistic and very overweight has one, but the cycling and archery, he can sit on the couch and use just the remote. The obstacle course, he uses the board, but there is still not much movement. He doesn't share and goes so fast, I don't know if there is really stuff that you actaully have to move a lot or bend and stretch?

Old 01-29-2010, 01:59 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Ok help me, a client of mine who is autistic and very overweight has one, but the cycling and archery, he can sit on the couch and use just the remote. The obstacle course, he uses the board, but there is still not much movement. He doesn't share and goes so fast, I don't know if there is really stuff that you actaully have to move a lot or bend and stretch?
There are some exercises you can probably fake--the running games, for example. The controller knows you're running because it bounces up and down in your hand or pocket, so I guess you could just shake it up and down while standing or sitting.

There are some exercises that use the board (therefore, no faking) and aren't just about balance.
  • Step aerobics - step on and off the board in time with the people on the screen, with footstep directions like Dance Dance Revolution. Different levels of difficulty and lengths of time. The board is not high off the ground, so it's pretty low-impact.
  • Hula hoop - this one is tough! You have to "catch" hoops thrown at you and keep hula-ing (yeah, I don't think that's a word) to keep them aloft. The Wii Fit Plus has a version where you rotate one way for a while, then the other.
  • Marching band - I can't remember if this is Wii Fit or WF Plus. You march in time on the board with the music and wiggle the nunchuks when prompted (again, like DDR). It's good for warming up.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:39 PM

1,554 posts, read 4,552,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
There are some exercises you can probably fake--the running games, for example. The controller knows you're running because it bounces up and down in your hand or pocket, so I guess you could just shake it up and down while standing or sitting.

There are some exercises that use the board (therefore, no faking) and aren't just about balance.
  • Step aerobics - step on and off the board in time with the people on the screen, with footstep directions like Dance Dance Revolution. Different levels of difficulty and lengths of time. The board is not high off the ground, so it's pretty low-impact.
  • Hula hoop - this one is tough! You have to "catch" hoops thrown at you and keep hula-ing (yeah, I don't think that's a word) to keep them aloft. The Wii Fit Plus has a version where you rotate one way for a while, then the other.
  • Marching band - I can't remember if this is Wii Fit or WF Plus. You march in time on the board with the music and wiggle the nunchuks when prompted (again, like DDR). It's good for warming up.
For Wii fit Plus balance board
yes just like JustJulia said there is one game that you can actually fake it is the running. My littest daughter just love to see herself fall down when going to fast evertime. But the rest of the games you have actually use the balance board and you don't just stand there. You are interacting the whole time. I love it. It is mind and body control as well. I love all the games and the challege because as soon you break the easiest level it gets harder and harder.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:13 PM

36,422 posts, read 16,036,192 times
Well that's cool, I am thinking of getting one.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:22 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Am feeling a difference after only a week with the basic Wii Fit. Will get the Wii Fit Plus later. Wife has serious back problems. She's using the Fit for the aerobics and balance games. She uses the Wii Sports for bowling, tennis, baseball, and golf. She does these standing up. She's getting some form of exercise without over working her spine.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:53 AM

260 posts, read 549,090 times
Another Wii Fit Miracle, Woman Loses 112lbs. (http://www.gossipgamers.com/another-wii-fit-miracle-woman-loses-112lbs/ - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness