Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 06:46 AM

2 posts, read 4,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Do they even make 8 inch spiked heels?

I think those Shape-up shoes are ridiculous looking and I only see them on old ladies going door to door giving away watchtowers or on fat women with bad feet.
Granted, they are kind of ridiculous looking - I had a friend say that I was the first person wearing them that actually was in shape. I have hips that pain me most of the time - when I'm on my feet for hours, these are the ones that don't contribute to the pain. So, for that reason, I'll wear them, gladly!
As for the claims blah, blah blah. Most of the claims made on products are not from anyone but the companies, hey?
P.S. I'm Not an Old Lady or a JW. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 05:19 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Those shoes are a bunch of baloney. Not only are they hideously ugly Herman Munster orthotic looking handicapped looking boot type shoes. There is NO reason they are considered "more effective" than regular running shoes for fitness.

You are better off getting a pair of Nike Shox and plugging in your Nike iPod kit and going for a run. Those Sketchers shoes are just marketing baloney that DOES NOTHING FOR YOU!!
LMAO, haha.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:30 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
I just saw a pair of these for sale on CL - men's size 10, worn twice. The seller says "killed my back but my wife LOVES hers" - so I guess even in one household there can be differing views on them.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:23 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Well that fact that they were stupid didn't stop me from wearing Dr. Scholls either. You just couldn't be one of the "cool girls" in So Cal in the late 70s unless you went clop clop clop down the hall at school.
New York City girls were the same way. Constantly gripping your toes, walking on wood soles. Oh the cost of being cool. I was so glad when the wedged heel came back in style.

Sketchers remind me of the old "Earth Shoes" as they stretch your hamstrings.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
I saw some of these in person at Famous Footwear a few days ago. Man, those things are fugly. No likey.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:26 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times
The shoes DEFINITELY WORK!!! Joe Montana wouldn't lie would he?

Old 08-12-2010, 06:04 PM

169 posts, read 580,554 times
Default No big expectations....

As some other posters mentioned, I too couldn't justify spending the $100 for Sketchers. I got Avia brand on sale too. They're all black w/a little white trim. I don't have big expectations for making me fit, but, they are comfortable - that's what matters most to me. I did notice a little tightness in the back of my legs when I wore them the first couple of times. I don't notice that now. I'm happy with my purchase, but they're probably not for everyone.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:24 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
I think my world and universe has been officially BLOWN!!! My favorite internet fitness guru Zuzana appears that she may very well be wearing sketchers in this video. Can this be true? Those of you who wear those shoes, please see if you can identify these shoes in her video. She (and other fitnes buffs like her) are absolutely the LAST PEOPLE ON EARTH I would think would wear those shoes.

YouTube - Beg For Mercy Workout

Old 02-14-2011, 11:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,603 times
Default Shoes!

i totally agree these are not what they are made out to be. My mom bought some and she drives a truck for a living when she first got them she thought they were great but she constantly walked in them and alternated with a regular pair of kswiss tennis shoes, and after about a month of that her knees, ankles and feet were killing her to the point she could barely put weight on her feet, she now only wears them rarely when she is home. i think they are a crock and do more harm than good, try leg lifts or squats for tighter buns and thighs.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:47 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,973,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
The shoes DEFINITELY WORK!!! Joe Montana wouldn't lie would he?

...so they are saying these shoes help your shoulders? Just based off the body diagram on the right corner. I don't see how walking helps your shoulders at all.

When I do bicep curls, I feel my calves burn...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness