Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:11 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times

Advertisements

Okay, not really skinny jeans but; I tried on a pair of jeans I had bought about a year ago and had "grown" out of them since that time. Today I put them on and they fit!
I started going to a nutritionist about 4 months ago to "learn how to eat" and its paying off. Yes, I excercise too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 09:24 PM

694 posts, read 1,233,744 times
Congratulations!

P.S. If you are a white female, you are part of a growing trend.

Last edited by learningCA; 02-06-2010 at 10:02 PM..

Old 02-06-2010, 09:56 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Congrats, how you eat and nutritional knowledge is everything as I'm sure you have found out. I don't even exercise in the Winter except for the Racquetball now and then but I still don't gain a pound because I know how to eat right. It's a skill like anything else.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Congrats, how you eat and nutritional knowledge is everything as I'm sure you have found out. I don't even exercise in the Winter except for the Racquetball now and then but I still don't gain a pound because I know how to eat right. It's a skill like anything else.
Go figure, huh. I'm slowly getting the hang of it, but damn who would think it would be difficult to eat.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningCA View Post
Congratulations!

P.S. If you are a white female, you are part of a growing trend.
You're half right, I'm male.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:50 PM

694 posts, read 1,233,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
You're half right, I'm male.
Then it's even better, you are starting the trend!

Old 02-06-2010, 11:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
good for you.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:32 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Congratulations!

Old 02-08-2010, 06:46 AM

27 posts, read 98,497 times
What is more important, feeling good about yourself because you can fit into a pair of jeans from a year ago, or feeling good about yourself because of who you are and not what you can fit into? Yes I am a guy who is happily married and one of the discussions my wife and I have is, does she need to be a size smaller to be happy? For me she is just as beautiful today as she was 27 years ago. Not the same size but just as beautiful. I believe women are being lied to (wow there is a real shocker huh) about what men like. If men were honest, they would say that the perfect woman for them is one they can be comfortable around and one who is confident about themself and it isn't dependent on their waste size. It is great to be healthy which is what nutrition and eating right can really do for you. Now take the next step and start feeling good about yourself because of who you are. Your husband will love you even more if that is possible.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:19 AM

550 posts, read 1,215,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seldoviadad View Post
What is more important, feeling good about yourself because you can fit into a pair of jeans from a year ago, or feeling good about yourself because of who you are and not what you can fit into? Yes I am a guy who is happily married and one of the discussions my wife and I have is, does she need to be a size smaller to be happy? For me she is just as beautiful today as she was 27 years ago. Not the same size but just as beautiful. I believe women are being lied to (wow there is a real shocker huh) about what men like. If men were honest, they would say that the perfect woman for them is one they can be comfortable around and one who is confident about themself and it isn't dependent on their waste size. It is great to be healthy which is what nutrition and eating right can really do for you. Now take the next step and start feeling good about yourself because of who you are. Your husband will love you even more if that is possible.
Some say it's what we do and the decisions we make that defines us.
If what we do is what we are, then I would rather have a healthy way of life as part of who I am than an unhealthy one. The end result will then feel like an accomplishment that follows the decisions made, and a result of part of who I am.

Don't know if I explained this right but it's how I view it, but then again i train and monitor my food consumtion etc not because I have to, but because I'm intrested in it like a hobby or something, and because it helps me perform in on the footballfield...

Edit: almost forgot: OP contratulations on you accomplishments! just don't let it slip now that you're doing so well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness