Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 06:06 PM

396 posts, read 1,699,193 times

Advertisements

When I wwent to Martinique in my 20's and went to the beaches there, where many women are topless and Men sans clothes I was expecting the only the young to be hanging out(with good bodies). To my surprise most were 50 and older people with less that perfect bodies. It did inspire me to go topless one day, I think there is nothing wrong with it. Personally I like wearing a suit, but most likely that is because of I was raised in America with all the stigma that goes with having less than a perfect body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 06:21 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,434,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
When I was stationed in Germany, I enjoyed going to the many nice indoor pools (a lot like the water parks we have here Stateside) Most of them have saunas that are coed. And you can't wear clothing. I approached this concept with the usual American trepidation, but finally decided to try it. Turns out I had nothing to fear... The heat makes "rising to the occasion" the last thing on your mind. It's just a nice, relaxing way to enjoy talking with your fellow bathers. Granted, we never went with American friends but I've sat and talked with our German neighbors and it really was no different than sitting out on a porch with them.
Your post reminds me of something....LOL
Every year, when we are hitting the lake, sunbathing topless, we can tell who's a US soldier, stationed over there!!! LOL....
They usually stare, and the chin just hit's the floor...they remind me of little kids in a candy store...LOL
And, as always...
I let them stare,
because I don't care.....

Old 06-23-2007, 07:43 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
I used to go to one in NJ and only because I had friends that were nudists, it's really not that big a deal. Most of the people there probably should keep their clothes on but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. The first couple years I went there were only maybe 100 people on the beach, over the years it grew to thousands. It's like one big party, a lot of people know each other, bring food, party and the interesting part is when everyone plays volleyball, if you want to imagine that!

Old 06-23-2007, 08:09 PM
MB2

Quote:
It's like one big party, a lot of people know each other, bring food, party and the interesting part is when everyone plays volleyball, if you want to imagine that!
Ahem....ahem....*trying my best to keep a straight face, saying this, but, there must have been a lot of WIGGLES and BOUNCES......*....ROTFL!!!!!

Old 06-23-2007, 08:14 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Your post reminds me of something....LOL
Every year, when we are hitting the lake, sunbathing topless, we can tell who's a US soldier, stationed over there!!! LOL....
They usually stare, and the chin just hit's the floor...they remind me of little kids in a candy store...LOL
And, as always...
I let them stare,
because I don't care.....
YUP! As proud as I am to be an American, we 'Mericans can be SO unworldy when it comes to traveling overseas. The U.S. military once considered putting German license plates on G.I.'s cars to "camouflage" the cars when they're off base. Now tell me how long that'd be effective after the American got out of his/her car...

Where'd you live in Germany? I was stationed in the Kaiserslautern and Bitburg/Eifel areas.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:22 PM
MB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
YUP! As proud as I am to be an American, we 'Mericans can be SO unworldy when it comes to traveling overseas. The U.S. military once considered putting German license plates on G.I.'s cars to "camouflage" the cars when they're off base. Now tell me how long that'd be effective after the American got out of his/her car...

Where'd you live in Germany? I was stationed in the Kaiserslautern and Bitburg/Eifel areas.
Bitburger beer is the BEST....(just ask my husband, because my brother and I got him hooked on it )
I come and live in a place called "Freigericht", and is near "Hanau am Main". (4 or 5 kasernes were on Lamboy Strasse in Hanau, Wofgang (Pioneer Kaserne) is another US base, as well as Erlensee (Fliegerhorst).
So, you can imagine what happends over there on the 4th of july....PARRRRRTTTTTTYYYYYYY !!!! LOL
Yes, on the lake....with nude/ topless sunbathing......the longer the night, the less the clothes....and at the end people will just go skinnydipping....ROTFL
Good times.....good times.....

Old 06-23-2007, 08:46 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Bitburger beer is the BEST....(just ask my husband, because my brother and I got him hooked on it )
I come and live in a place called "Freigericht", and is near "Hanau am Main". (4 or 5 kasernes were on Lamboy Strasse in Hanau, Wofgang (Pioneer Kaserne) is another US base, as well as Erlensee (Fliegerhorst).
So, you can imagine what happends over there on the 4th of july....PARRRRRTTTTTTYYYYYYY !!!! LOL
Yes, on the lake....with nude/ topless sunbathing......the longer the night, the less the clothes....and at the end people will just go skinnydipping....ROTFL
Good times.....good times.....
In '84, my squadron sent a handful of us to support an Army exercise at Fliegerhorst Kaserne. Boy, we in the USAF sure live better than our Army brethren!

Unfortunately, I've never been a big beer fan. (But LOVE German wine!) When the Bitburger Pils folks built a new brewery out by the base, they put in a pipe directly to the base!!! (The REST of the story is that we bought the brewery's waste hot water for the housing area heating plant, but it makes for a good teaser...)

Old 06-25-2007, 05:41 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I used to go to one in NJ and only because I had friends that were nudists, it's really not that big a deal. Most of the people there probably should keep their clothes on but beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. The first couple years I went there were only maybe 100 people on the beach, over the years it grew to thousands. It's like one big party, a lot of people know each other, bring food, party and the interesting part is when everyone plays volleyball, if you want to imagine that!
um lol I have a feeling rapture we that we are talking about the same beach in NJ

the volleyball games were interesting.
I also noticed there were a few families with kids.

karla

Old 06-25-2007, 07:56 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,193 times
Red face Been there too

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
um lol I have a feeling rapture we that we are talking about the same beach in NJ

the volleyball games were interesting.
I also noticed there were a few families with kids.

karla
Gunninson Beach on Sandy Hook

Old 06-25-2007, 02:03 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
Gunninson Beach on Sandy Hook
and how would we know this nhh ? huh huh lol

karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty