Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 05:04 PM

133 posts, read 502,801 times

Advertisements

Just wondering how many new mothers would buy them? I have many friends who want it as a "push present". Also, what do you think when you see a mother with one? do you think it's a status symbol?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 05:05 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
wth is a "push present"?

Old 07-19-2010, 05:12 PM

133 posts, read 502,801 times
Thanks for asking..."push present" is the gift that a husband gives his wife after she has just given birth. (because she has "pushed" so hard to get the baby out". LOL!!!

Old 07-19-2010, 05:21 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,012,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliana View Post
Thanks for asking..."push present" is the gift that a husband gives his wife after she has just given birth. (because she has "pushed" so hard to get the baby out". LOL!!!
Oh, I get it......to heck with a doggone diaper bag then, I wanna big ole piece of jewelry!

Old 07-19-2010, 07:00 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
I would buy (or rather ask my husband ) a luxury diaper bag, but not necessarily a Gucci, only because they don't appeal to me. I have been considering purchasing a Balenciaga Work to use as a diaper bag/tote.

And to be honest, I wouldn't even notice if a mom had a luxury diaper bag unless it was a specific bag that I liked or wanted. I can't say I see a Gucci diaper bag as a status symbol either. Gucci and other designer bags are pretty common which is probably another reason why I wouldn't take note of it.

Last edited by TheImportersWife; 07-19-2010 at 07:28 PM..

Old 07-19-2010, 07:21 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,955,069 times
I'd just assume it was a Chinese knock-off.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:58 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,052,389 times
Tacky. But. Hilarious. Someday those Gucci diaper bags are going to full of stinky milk from bottles that were left in too long or empty but not washed out quick enough sitting out in the heat and poop-filled dirty diapers (because anyone who would spend the money on a gucci diaper bag I'm guessing wouldn't want to breastfeed or use cloth) and also the odd nasty drool or spit-up rags and crusty crumbs of odd snacks... So funny. It would be a fitting metaphor for the mentality of someone who would make such a purchase, really...

Somehow "push present" seems off-putting. There's got to be a classier way of expressing that sentiment.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:47 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliana View Post
That's one of the tackiest things I've ever heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Someday those Gucci diaper bags are going to full of stinky milk from bottles that were left in too long or empty but not washed out quick enough sitting out in the heat and poop-filled dirty diapers
LOL, that's what I was thinking. And it'll get tossed on the floor of the mini-van, which is an inch deep in Cheerios and goldfish crackers ... Everyone I know treated their diaper bags as kind of a disposable thing, because they get so trashed from day to day of hard (and icky) use.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:19 AM

1,422 posts, read 2,304,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Tacky. But. Hilarious. Someday those Gucci diaper bags are going to full of stinky milk from bottles that were left in too long or empty but not washed out quick enough sitting out in the heat and poop-filled dirty diapers (because anyone who would spend the money on a gucci diaper bag I'm guessing wouldn't want to breastfeed or use cloth) and also the odd nasty drool or spit-up rags and crusty crumbs of odd snacks... So funny. It would be a fitting metaphor for the mentality of someone who would make such a purchase, really...

Somehow "push present" seems off-putting. There's got to be a classier way of expressing that sentiment.
My thoughts exactly

The phrase "A fool and his/her money are easily parted" springs to mind................

And "Push present"????? WTF???????

Every time I think the most mindless and TACKY phrase I've ever heard has entered our language, something like this appears...........

Old 07-20-2010, 02:37 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
Not a mother (obviously), but as someone who has raised a couple of kids and spent a lot of time lugging the kids, their diapers (clean and dirty), extra clothes, bottles (clean and dirty), formula, toys, snacks, blankets, and assorted impedimenta all over the place, I would just say that you would have to be nuts to spend money on a Gucci, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton, or any other kind of "status" diaper bag.

Practicality is almost literally the only consideration. Way, way below practicality is that the bag not be so ugly that you can't bear to be in the same room with it.

Nothing else matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty