Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 01:55 AM

860 posts, read 2,717,575 times

Advertisements

Well its not my everyday look, that's for sure. But on occasion. I can tell men appreciate the look but I am married so I just dress to be fashionable and fun, not attract the most attention possible. Also, I don't work at the moment and this would not be a career look.
I am not at my best in right above the knee shorts, I have curvy legs and this look is better on thin legs I think. I don't like real short shorts on any one but teenagers, I just think its immodest for daily activity and I don't think sneakers makes it any better unless its for sports,etc.
Looks like mixed reviews from women!

Last edited by hart4july; 10-23-2010 at 02:05 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 03:05 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,881,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
I am not at my best in right above the knee shorts, I have curvy legs and this look is better on thin legs I think.
That makes sense and one does have to work with what looks best on them. More women are also remaining youthful for a lot longer due to better lifestyle choices and more active lifestyles in general so if the look compliments you then definitely wear it.

Questions like this will always plague us though I am sure. Ever since I began choosing my own clothes, late elementary school, on top of wanting to look current there were always question of 'am I too old to wear this?'. Every few years I always have to ask myself this all over again and slowly transition my wardrobe. I imagine this dilemma will keep occurring until well into my sixties?

One cannot definitely compare 30 to 50 year old adults of today with those of several generations ago.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:04 AM

14 posts, read 38,354 times
Same here..I love the gals who wear heels..

Old 10-23-2010, 06:27 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,800,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
First of all, its still warm where I live, so the question still stands. I sometimes like to wear shorts, like from Loft that are maybe cuffed or tailored not jean shorts but mid thigh or a little higher, with a 3 1/2-4" heel thats on the casual side. Espadrille or stacked wegde.
I am 42 and I have nicely curved legs and I am a little vain about my full calf muscles and small ankles and cute knees. In heels I just feel my legs look that much better and calves are such a classy way to feel sexy!
I really like this look in the Fall , I think it works better with more tailoring . In other words a tank top and this look is not my thing.

Does this look scream tacky or desperate to any one? Cause I feel awesome in my shorts and high heel espadrilles, but maybe its "too much"? I think I look younger than 42, but don't we all?
I say, if you got the legs to pull it off, then do it. I think it's a sexy look. Go for it.

Old 10-23-2010, 06:33 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,387,598 times
The issue is, where? Out with friends, going shopping, okay...going to work, not okay. Unless you work at Hooters...

Old 10-23-2010, 06:40 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,308,201 times
For me it depends on the heel. I've worn certain types of shorts with high wedge sandals or espadrilles or even low-heeled mules, but wouldn't feel comfortable wearing shorts with a high tapered or stiletto heel.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:36 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,872,138 times
Its hard to judge without pictures... its all dependent on the person... the situation cannot be generalized to every person, it is on an individual to individual basis...

Old 10-23-2010, 10:13 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,909,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I'm not a fan either of wearing heels w/shorts, regardless of age.
Sorry, but I must agree! It's a combo I never see, except on Daisy Duke.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:59 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,547,795 times
I think we need visual aids in this thread....

This look is still classy

So is this one

Old 10-23-2010, 01:32 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,618,516 times
Excluding workout attire, I haven't worn shorts AT ALL since I was probably a teenager, and I certainly wouldn't wear them with heels. I don't feel that shorts are flattering on most people, and I tend to always wear sundresses, with either flats or heels, in situations where shorts may be worn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty