Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 03:05 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ting ting View Post
From our side, of course it's ok. And I happen to have chutzpah when I turn it on!
I did however just learn in a video from a prior post that I am one of those nothing guys. Apparently the guys with the gimmick of sorts are getting it all. I never realized I am the denim middle of the road guy. How interesting. I'm not the rocker, the jock, the biker, the this, the that. I'm just mr plain.
My plan- become the something guy and get to the bottom of every ring.
I need a gimmick. I may have to become Nikki Sixx.
Meh, to become Nikki Sixx you'll need a Flowbee and a lot of heroin.

I don't think guys need gimmicks. If you want to marry a Playboy Playmate, have some kids, get divorced, marry another Playmate and have some more kids, then yeah, maybe you need a gimmick. But those rock star lives can't be all that great. Look at Brett Michaels. Is that even his real hair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 03:24 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,676,911 times
then you have chickies like me - i dont wear a wedding band.

i always think its fun when someone asks if id like to go out sometime and i respond ' only if my hubby can join us'... the utter look on their face is priceless.... LOL

Old 03-05-2011, 03:26 PM

43 posts, read 94,102 times
Uh oh, I forgot. I don't have any hair. I'm thin on top so I just buzz it off. I can do the big gold loop ear rings and the Goat tee.
Or the comb over.
Or the always hat.
Or the silly rug.
Now that's chutzpah!

Old 03-05-2011, 04:30 PM

499 posts, read 892,073 times
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:46 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ting ting View Post
Recently I thought I might go on a date or two or twenty. I don't know. So I'm in the grocery store a lot so in my case that's where I see a lot of women. First thing I look at is the ring or no ring. Gotta band on then off limits, move on. But what's with the undetermined ring or rings on the wedding hand?
I don't flipping get it and it makes me frustrated. It's on the wedding finger. To me the wedding finger is the wedding finger. I suppose that's not the case? Because sometimes you see a silver band and some other thing on the same finger and think no way is that a wedding band. That thing looks like it was a bubble gum prize. But maybe it is! I don't flipping know!
So ladies do you wear things on your wedding finger? Why? Why would women wear something on their wedding finger if they are not married? I'm sure you known guys are confused easily.
If you do see a ring on the finger but looks like something other than a wedding ring or an engagement ring than what are the guidelines with the ring code?
I always assume the same thing. You are not alone. That's one of the first things I look for. If they don't want us to assume that, they should not wear a similar appearing ring on THAT finger.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:10 PM

334 posts, read 528,739 times
Back in 2000, I had a really difficult break-up. To make myself feel better, I went out and bought "a few of my favorite things" (diamonds, fur, and all things pink). I bought a diamond ring, which I later learned is sold as an anniversary band. It was, by far, my favorite piece of jewelry and I always wore it on the "wedding finger."

No real reason... it just fit perfectly there.

I lost it a little over a year ago, and haven't replaced it yet so my wedding finger has been bare for some time now.

I haven't noticed any difference in the number of men who approach me, nor have I noticed a difference in the way they've approached me.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:19 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Meh, to become Nikki Sixx you'll need a Flowbee and a lot of heroin.
It's funny you mention his heroin addiction. I just read his autobiography "Heroin Diary"

Man, some dark dark depraved stuff.

Makes me thankful I'm just an average schlub without all the fame and money.

Ok, back to the the topic.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe404 View Post
Back in 2000, I had a really difficult break-up. To make myself feel better, I went out and bought "a few of my favorite things" (diamonds, fur, and all things pink). I bought a diamond ring, which I later learned is sold as an anniversary band. It was, by far, my favorite piece of jewelry and I always wore it on the "wedding finger."

No real reason... it just fit perfectly there.

I lost it a little over a year ago, and haven't replaced it yet so my wedding finger has been bare for some time now.

I haven't noticed any difference in the number of men who approach me, nor have I noticed a difference in the way they've approached me.
That could be a good thing or a really-really bad thing!

Old 03-05-2011, 06:32 PM

334 posts, read 528,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
That could be a good thing or a really-really bad thing!
Or I could just be as much an airhead as my friends say I am... and just didn't notice the difference before and after. LOL

Old 03-05-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe404 View Post
Or I could just be as much an airhead as my friends say I am... and just didn't notice the difference before and after. LOL
You aren't the airhead here. The guy who SEES a ring EXACTLY like "that" type and continues to run his game could be though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty