Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:03 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times

Advertisements

Does anyone think this is a good idea?

She believes she's preparing her daughter for a career in show business by doing this.

Anyone else see how sick and ridiculous this is?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_839946.html

The mother is teaching her child that all of her value is centered on how she looks.

That's really sick and abusive.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ml#comment-rig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 12:57 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,043 times
What the heck!

Old 03-24-2011, 01:22 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
I wouldn't let my child have botox, but my 9 year old is already very interested in hair removal. We started plucking her eyebrows when she was 8, because if I didn't do it for her, she'd try to do it herself. She also uses nair on her legs and arms.

I know I didn't care where I had hair when I was 9...maybe kids are just different now.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:37 PM

476 posts, read 1,134,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I wouldn't let my child have botox, but my 9 year old is already very interested in hair removal. We started plucking her eyebrows when she was 8, because if I didn't do it for her, she'd try to do it herself. She also uses nair on her legs and arms.

I know I didn't care where I had hair when I was 9...maybe kids are just different now.
Exposing a young child to a depilatory doesn't sound right. They include a risk for chemical burns. Hope there was some consultation with a pediatrician or dermatologist. One can always be the parent, (e.g. kids not allowed to date until 16, wear make-up until....etc). Of course, "Top Model" wasn't around and only a handful of girls I knew had eating disorders when I was a kid so what do I know.

The botox is child abuse. Just as tattooing a kid would be child abuse, even though it's considered "fashion & beauty" for an adult. Sounds more like a "parenting forum" deal.

Quote:
Of course we asked the pediatrician first. He said it was fairly common among his patients.
Good to hear you did your due diligence. I wouldn't presume to know anything about a stranger's parenting style either way. As we can glean from the OP, everyone has different ideas of what is "good parenting".

Last edited by heavyweight; 03-24-2011 at 02:46 PM..

Old 03-24-2011, 02:40 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,872,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
Exposing a young child to a depilatory doesn't sound right. They include a risk for chemical burns. Hope there was some consultation with a pediatrician or dermatologist.
Of course we asked the pediatrician first. He said it was fairly common among his patients.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:39 PM

236 posts, read 860,090 times
That is nothing but STUPID!

Who on earth would want to give an 8 year old a Botox injection? That's... so f*cking idiotic!

That poor girl is never going to know how to feel about herself.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:43 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Does anyone think this is a good idea?

She believes she's preparing her daughter for a career in show business by doing this.

Anyone else see how sick and ridiculous this is?

Mother Claims To Inject 8-Year-Old With Botox, Perform Monthly 'Virgin Waxes'

The mother is teaching her child that all of her value is centered on how she looks.

That's really sick and abusive.

I give my girl, 8, Botox for pageant | The Sun |Woman
Yes, I for one think this is a bit much. An 8 yr old checking her face everynight for wrinkles? What is this mother creating?" She also give her virgin wax monthly, which gets rid of her fluffy leg hair and makes sure she wont develop pubic hair in the future." Excuse me? What right does this mom have to decide if her daughter will have pubic hair or not? Shouldn't that be the dauaghter's decision when she's older. I'm sick of hearing children as young as 8 being called tweens. They're little girls!!!!

Old 03-24-2011, 03:45 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,893,720 times
Where the heck is CPS on this?

I think it's child abuse, mentally, emotionally and physically.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:58 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:

What is going to happen when she gets pubic hair?

Old 03-24-2011, 04:27 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,915,475 times
You don't even have wrinkles at eight years old! Poor girl. Of course, the mother would probably look at my boys and say that same thing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty