Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 02:34 AM

129 posts, read 584,034 times

Advertisements

Aubrey Organics makes good deodorants.. Give them a try.. I use their Pine deodorant and it is quite strong and long lasting.. However, the smell is pleasant, although strong. Also, the deodorant is free of all toxins that are present in many deodorants, even many so-called "NATURAL" or "ORGANIC" deodorants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 05:12 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,240,907 times
The only one I have personally tried is Toms of Maine and it was bad. I haven't tried the crystal one, but I have heard its pretty good.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:29 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Crystal works great. I've been using it for years. Just remember to clean the ball (if a roll-on) or the rock (if in solid form) after every use. Bacteria can build up on the surface of the crystal.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:43 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,435,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtohouston2 View Post
do any of these work well in totally preventing odor when it's a really hot day? i've tried some of the non-antiperspirant products and have ended up stinky when i've tried it in the summer. so far, am just sticking with my antiperspirant
On a very hot day or during strenuous activity you might get a little gamey with the liquid crystal. Apply a little more in the morning, or, as was recommended, reapply more later in the day.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:02 AM

73 posts, read 218,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I use Tom's as well; the sensitive skin formula seems to work better than the others. I've also used Jason, which is good as well.

A friend of mine was telling about a deodorant called Pit Putty (); I've never seen it in stores, though. She swears by it.
Pit Putty is made by a company called Bubble and Bee and gets rave reviews.
Crystal deodorant also contains aluminum which is what most people switching to organic deodorants are trying to avoid. Not good.
See here:
BUBBLE AND BEE

Additionally, Tom's contains propylene glycol. Does that sound organic or natural to you? Propylene glycol is a major constituent of anti-freeze. Not sure I want that near my lymphatic system.

Currently, I use Terressentials Super Protection Deodorant because theirs is one of the few truly natural deodorants that do not contain arrowroot powder and come in an unscented option (I'm allergic to fragrance and arrowroot). If I were not allergic to arrowroot I would try the pit putty for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty