Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2011, 09:52 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,307,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHAdams View Post
On a bad day I might say that men tend towards being juvenile and women tend towards being mean spirited.

I am a giant and have heard a lot of mean, snarky comments. But I've also had dozens and dozens of women literally throw themselves at me. Pros and cons to everything I suppose.

A lot of people are just mean spirited. Look at the net where people are anonymous. Many posters focus on name calling and they are always tolerated. Curious.

I've never seen a mean poster dismissed. Posters are dismissed within seconds if accused of being racists.

Us tall people need to get defined as a race. Then we, too, can whip out the racist card when the insults come.
Maybe it's because women's bodies are under constant criticism and critique and many have suffered for it at some point in their lives, whether by the media and/or others.

Instead of threads asking women how they would change their bodies to meet these ideals, it would be nice to have a thread of women that have learned to be happy with what they have.

There are potential pros and cons to every body type. This applies to breast size as well. All I know is that I will not change my breasts to attract or impress anyone. After a recent potential health scare, I'm just happy that they're healthy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 09:52 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Yes, *I* am in need of losing a few pounds. More than a few pounds, in fact. But calling me a fat cow is nasty, mean-spirited, cruel, bullying, harrassing, and does nothing to prove anything, except that you don't have what it takes to engage in civil discussion.
I didnt call YOU a fat cow. YOU never said that YOU are 36DDD!!! I just merely stated my belief that you will more than likely NEVER see a woman with REAL 36DDD breasts who does NOT need to lose weight. Odds are she IS overweight (higher than normal body fat % and waist measurment same or larger than bust measurement). If YOU somehow thought that I was referring directly to YOU then not only is that too bad, but its flat out wrong.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:05 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,352,152 times
big boobs run on both sides of my family. My sister, when she was younger was a DDD, around a 34-38 (not quite sure). she typically wore a size 6 (except in dresses since it was damn near impossible to find dresses that size w/ enough give in the bust line). now that she's had 3 kids, she's hovering closer to a 8 and can't fit a 6 anymore. her boobs shrunk a bit to a DD.

you're right, it's more likely that a woman w/ very large breasts may be overweight (breasts are mostly fat afterall) but there are tiny woman out there w/ "tig ol bitties"! wasn't Soleil Moon Frye (girl who played Punky Brewster) around a DD or DDD before she got her reduction?

personally, I have DDD and despise them! makes it too hard to look for proper shirts. As soon as I drop my last 50lbs (hopefully by next summer!) I will be getting a reduction down to a C/D like my other sister (other sister was closer to a G/H, though was over 300lb before her bypass surgery). Heck, I wish I could be a A/B cup, but I know it wouldn't work on my body frame (broad shoulders and hips)

Old 05-07-2011, 10:09 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,786,698 times
Jana defi and Anya. Google image. Both g cups and natural and slender. Anya even has ribs showing. To arbitrarily pick one bra size like 36ddd and assume every woman on the planet that wears it is overweight is ignorant.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:15 AM

1,788 posts, read 2,483,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Maybe it's because women's bodies are under constant criticism and critique and many have suffered for it at some point in their lives, whether by the media and/or others.

Instead of threads asking women how they would change their bodies to meet these ideals, it would be nice to have a thread of women that have learned to be happy with what they have.

There are potential pros and cons to every body type. This applies to breast size as well. All I know is that I will not change my breasts to attract or impress anyone. After a recent potential health scare, I'm just happy that they're healthy.
Men are held to similar standards by a very large percentage of women. In fact, women may be more visually oriented overall.

I've known several guys who expected to get laid when they went to a bar. They usually did. They *all* had remarkable physiques.

The difference is that women *think* they are better and can get away with feeling superior.

Spare me the "Woe is me" trip.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:30 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,307,390 times
Quote:
Men are held to similar standards by a very large percentage of women. In fact, women may be more visually oriented overall.

I've known several guys who expected to get laid when they went to a bar. They usually did. They *all* had remarkable physiques.

The difference is that women *think* they are better and can get away with feeling superior.

Spare me the "Woe is me" trip.
I'm not quite sure how you read all that into my post.

As far as women holding men to higher physical standards, I completely disagree. Just do a search on CD's forum on the topic and you'll see that for most women, physical preferences (which we all have) is second to a man's character.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:33 AM

I think comparing what women type on a forum to what happens at a meat market bar setting is pointless.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I think comparing what women type on a forum to what happens at a meat market bar setting is pointless.
I submit that considering what anybody *types* on a forum is pointless.

I have found the signature of many highly successful people is that they *talk* a great game. What they do is often completely different.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I'm not quite sure how you read all that into my post.

As far as women holding men to higher physical standards, I completely disagree. Just do a search on CD's forum on the topic and you'll see that for most women, physical preferences (which we all have) is second to a man's character.
I just did a search....//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...l#post18989665

A mans 'ding-a-ling' got voted as the most important feature.

Good news.....for me.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I submit that considering what anybody *types* on a forum is pointless.

I have found the signature of many highly successful people is that they *talk* a great game. What they do is often completely different.
Me too. I agree that women at a bar are just as visually motivated as the men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty