Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think it is possible for me to be a 9 or 10 in terms of looks?
Oh but you are a 9 or 10 in terms of looks 1 33.33%
You are close, you are getting there, work on it and you will make it 2 66.67%
LOL you have a lot of work to do to get there, better get to it 0 0%
Sorry, not gonna happen, maybe a 7 or 8 but not a 9 or 10 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 06:36 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,240,340 times

Advertisements

Here's the gist of what you're reading, and it's all you need to know: Your looks aren't likely to impede you in any way. You're a good-looking fella. But believe it or not, beyond that, good looks aren't too important. How you carry and present yourself is much more important, and as you age the raw good looks means less and less while your personality and presentation become more and more important.

If you want to be more "attractive", develop interests, become a good conversationalists, and be the best that you can be at *something*. In other words, be someone that people like to talk to and associate with and the "go-to" person for your job or other interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 06:42 PM

97 posts, read 146,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Here's the gist of what you're reading, and it's all you need to know: Your looks aren't likely to impede you in any way. You're a good-looking fella. But believe it or not, beyond that, good looks aren't too important. How you carry and present yourself is much more important, and as you age the raw good looks means less and less while your personality and presentation become more and more important.

If you want to be more "attractive", develop interests, become a good conversationalists, and be the best that you can be at *something*. In other words, be someone that people like to talk to and associate with and the "go-to" person for your job or other interest.

Thanks, I mean I am trying to work out more and more and get a better body, tough to do while being a science major.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:12 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,850,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Who cares what we think?

People who ask questions care. "Messing" with someone is ok under certain circumstances. But this young man asked the question in earnest and deserved an honest answer.
So if someone honestly thought he was ugly, why shouldn't they be able to say that?

*sigh*....OP, I think you're gorgeous.

Old 05-16-2011, 07:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
So if someone honestly thought he was ugly, why shouldn't they be able to say that?

Lmao....too funny!

Old 05-16-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post

Please call me ugly, but be decent enough to give me some lipstick so I can at least look pretty before you guys decide to f*ck me!

Old 05-16-2011, 07:34 PM

Since I am a fair guy, I posted a poll, now you can showcase your opinion without having anyone know.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:41 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,144,735 times
You're very good-looking (coming from a woman who's old enough to be your mom!). I think you sound a bit self-conscious though, and even though you might not be trying to sound that way, it definitely comes out.

Your physique, from what I can see, is good. You're far from overweight.

I like your hair, but you might consider switching things up every now and then and trying different styles.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:06 AM

5,014 posts, read 6,606,309 times
you're a nice looking fellow. Some things to consider re: your appearance:

1. How are your teeth? Since you aren't smiling in the photo, there's no way to tell. If your teeth are crooked, get braces. If there are chips, get them bonded. If they are dull, get them whitened. A great smile is a wonderful asset. If you have nice straight white teeth already, good on you!

2. Good posture. Absolutely free, makes you look thinner and more confident no matter what else is going on in your life.

3. Wear clean clothes that aren't too wrinkled up. Take the time to fold stuff when it comes out of the dryer instead of just stuffing it into a laundry bag/duffle.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:25 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
I'll stick directly with your topic and pose 2 quick questions; Do you still look at yourself as being a heavy person and how tall are you?

Don't know why any guy would want to be a "10". Dressed up in a stylish suit and great hair and you could do the GQ thing. I think for us guys, if your relatively good looking, who you are and how you carry your self can be the difference between someone who is attractive and someone who is not. I would not even know how to grade myself and a number scale. I could only say If you grabbed 10 random guys, mulitple times, I would have to say I would average out at #2 for looks only. I would say you would hit the #1 spot more often than I! Now, if you included personality, confidence, life experience, "other factors good and bad" I would consistantly be in the #1 spot. You would have to judge for yourself on the personality factors or better yet have your friends or dates make that determination. Friends are partial so you may not get real feedback. Dating is a great indication of your desireability (Looks, personality and other factors). If you get 100% feed back your doing something right!

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-17-2011 at 11:21 AM..

Old 05-17-2011, 12:53 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
You're very good-looking (coming from a woman who's old enough to be your mom!).
thats okay these days, milfs are in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty