Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2011, 04:11 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,401,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I second that one. Also, a big snuggly jacket or a sweater/scarf combo on top, with tiny shorts on the bottom.

Are you cold or not?
I just don't understand. I went to California and it was everywhere. It drove me crazy because I was thinking "60 is NOT cold", but of course they haven't dealt with harsh winter before. I'm out there with sweats and sweater (it rained the day before and got extremely windy afterward) and my friend thought I was crazy. Meanwhile this girl was wearing a thick coat with shorts and boots. I just had to laugh cause I thought it was hilarious. x)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 04:18 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,606,010 times
If it's warm enough for bare legs, it's warm enough that you don't need to be wearing fur-lined boots, tops, hoodies, etc. If you're cold enough that faux fur or fleece is required, consider putting on some pants. The fuzz that's encasing your shins and arms isn't going to begin to keep up with the heat lost on your exposed legs.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:23 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
If it's warm enough for bare legs, it's warm enough that you don't need to be wearing fur-lined boots, tops, hoodies, etc. If you're cold enough that faux fur or fleece is required, consider putting on some pants. The fuzz that's encasing your shins and arms isn't going to begin to keep up with the heat lost on your exposed legs.
That is definitely a Sunbelt trend. I haven't noticed such delusion where I am.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:07 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,084,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
It's lingerie so of course a little hint of it it can look sexy to a guy. It depends on the top to a degree. As the poster above said most women color coordinate it to match their outfit. A girl I used to work with had long black hair and would wear a black top that slid off her shoulder a little. She always had a black bra on to match the outfit and the look really got me going.
LOL. Women coordinate their bra color with their outfit only when they intend for others to see it. Take it from a woman, most of us don't really bother coordinating our lingerie and outfits on an everyday basis.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
That is definitely a Sunbelt trend. I haven't noticed such delusion where I am.
I frequently see this at my daughter's high school (Illinois). We had the "Are you cold or not" conversation just the other day. My daughter's answer is, "But I look cute." To a 15-year-old, cute trumps warm. I know it's dumb.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:37 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,444,467 times
saggy, baggy pants
douche-y tattoos (you know which ones I'm talking about)
face piercings, and those nasty stretched ear "rims"
Uggs
The "Green Day" look for teen girls - you're not edgy, you just look like a lemming
Bieber hair cuts for guys - men are not supposed to spend more time styling their hair than girls
Grillz - seriously, they make me nauseous just thinking about the bacteria playground they are
peep-toe and sling-back boots - wtf? When I saw my first pair of "Shooties" I wanted to look up the person who came up with that name so I could go punch him in the nose.
Any boots that look like they belong on Nanook of the North. Anyone who thinks they are "rockin" this look - um, yeah, not really.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:47 PM

26,430 posts, read 46,615,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
saggy, baggy pants
douche-y tattoos (you know which ones I'm talking about)
face piercings, and those nasty stretched ear "rims"
Uggs
The "Green Day" look for teen girls - you're not edgy, you just look like a lemming
Bieber hair cuts for guys - men are not supposed to spend more time styling their hair than girls
Grillz - seriously, they make me nauseous just thinking about the bacteria playground they are
peep-toe and sling-back boots - wtf? When I saw my first pair of "Shooties" I wanted to look up the person who came up with that name so I could go punch him in the nose.
Any boots that look like they belong on Nanook of the North. Anyone who thinks they are "rockin" this look - um, yeah, not really.
I have more of an 80s new wave hairstyle. Low maintenance, though.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:26 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,785,580 times
I don't know how widespread this trend is, but 90% of the girls on my college campus owned the exact same pair of nike shorts, always worn with an XL t-shirt and either Uggs or flip flops and always with perfectly applied makeup and styled hair.

Is it really that difficult to put on a skirt or a pair of jeans with a real shirt? And why does everyone have to own the exact same style of shorts? It's not about comfort, it's conformity and it drive me CRAZY!

Old 02-20-2017, 06:28 PM

1 posts, read 633 times
get rid of ink on the body....tatz b gone soona dabetta

Old 02-21-2017, 06:57 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
-Definitely the ear gauging. Makes me sick to look at them. I wonder how they will feel when they are 60 and have huge holes in their saggy earlobes.

- Sagging Pants
- Full sleeve or leg tattoos on women
- Cell phone attached to the ear OR those cordless headset things that makes people look like they were assimilated by the Borg from Star Trek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty