Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2008, 04:01 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times

Advertisements

You guys should read some of the earlier posts. To recap, we had to define "curvy" and "thin" because a Mans definition of curvy is quite different than a womans.

To a man, curvy = sexy (i.e., Kim Kardashian, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Vida Guerra, Marilyn Monroe, Salma Hayak). These are the type of women men picture when asked to name a "curvy" woman.

Women use the term "curvy" instead of saying "FAT" or "overweight" (i.e., Rosie O'Donnell, Queen Latifah, Kirstie Alley, Cameron Manheimm) these are women men would say are "fat", and women would say are "curvy". Women are trying to be politically correct or less offensive when speaking of a fat/overweight woman or when they describe themselves thus they prefer to use "curvy" which is incorrect according to men.

Thin (according to men) would be Angelina Jolie, Katharine Heigle, Charleze Theron, The Girls Next Door (Hugh Hefner's girlfriends) these are all "thin" women.

To once again answer the OP question of what men prefer, with all other things being equal, based on just physical appearances, most men would ALWAYS go for "Curvy" over thin.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:12 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,608,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
You guys should read some of the earlier posts. To recap, we had to define "curvy" and "thin" because a Mans definition of curvy is quite different than a womans.

To a man, curvy = sexy (i.e., Kim Kardashian, Jessica Biel, Jennifer Lopez, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Vida Guerra, Marilyn Monroe, Salma Hayak). These are the type of women men picture when asked to name a "curvy" woman.

Women use the term "curvy" instead of saying "FAT" or "overweight" (i.e., Rosie O'Donnell, Queen Latifah, Kirstie Alley, Cameron Manheimm) these are women men would say are "fat", and women would say are "curvy". Women are trying to be politically correct or less offensive when speaking of a fat/overweight woman or when they describe themselves thus they prefer to use "curvy" which is incorrect according to men.

Thin (according to men) would be Angelina Jolie, Katharine Heigle, Charleze Theron, The Girls Next Door (Hugh Hefner's girlfriends) these are all "thin" women.

To once again answer the OP question of what men prefer, with all other things being equal, based on just physical appearances, most men would ALWAYS go for "Curvy" over thin.
WOW, I think that just about sums it up!!! I'm somewhere between curvy and thin

LOL, whoever said Rosie O'Donnell was curvy?

Old 01-14-2008, 04:39 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
WOW, I think that just about sums it up!!! I'm somewhere between curvy and thin

LOL, whoever said Rosie O'Donnell was curvy?
Heh yeah, there's a difference between "curvy" and "amoeba-shaped" . . .

Old 01-14-2008, 07:26 PM

531 posts, read 1,744,424 times
I think the old Hollywood stars were more beautiful and glamorous (young Elizabeth Taylor, Sophia Loren, Marilyn Monroe). Not to insult anyone,but I can't understand why so many guys like the looks of Pamela Anderson. She just looks trashy too me.

Old 02-20-2009, 08:01 AM

72 posts, read 190,365 times
all women are attractive in there own way

Old 02-20-2009, 10:58 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,311,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Is there an "in between" options?

I don't like stick girls. I'm also not a big fan of "plus-size." "Ideal" range somewhere between size 6 and size 12. And it infuriates me that there's actually a consensus forming that Jessica Biel's ass is too big. I'm willing to bet that 98% of those insufferable losers would fire off in about 8 seconds if they came home and found her naked in their bed. Idiots.

Ain't that the truth....

Old 02-21-2009, 12:12 PM

43 posts, read 138,951 times
Voluptous NO (this defines fat to me), sexy curvy YES! It's all about the weight being properly proportional through out the body that makes a woman look attractive. As far as the word "pretty" that u used, that is defined in a woman's face NOT BODY SHAPE ........ hellllllllllllllo

Old 06-12-2009, 07:00 PM

258 posts, read 443,326 times
Depends on the time you are living in. In the middle ages most of the paintings of attractive women are voluptous. Now days the media makes people think thin is pretty. But boney women are very ugly. Overweight not very healty though. So like Budda says the middle road in life is the happiest. www.eyesdesire.com

Old 06-16-2009, 03:18 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,629,731 times
Quote:

How the F**K is Salma Heyek "curvy, but Angie Jolie NOT curvy?!

Thin, IMO, is like Twiggy, Ally McBeal, etc.... Curvy is Angie Jolie, Salma, Cathrine Zeta, etc...

I am a woman, but my opinion is that I think curves (like those listed above, along with Marylin and Bettie Page, etc... are sexier IMO than thin waif like women. To be fair though, I have seen one or two (dunno know their names) models that are thin that are sexy as well.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:27 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,629,731 times
Quote:

poor hip to waist ratio (i.e., hip measurment is almost same as or greater than waist),

Hun, the waist measurements SHOULD be smaller than the hip measurements. (ie, the hips should be greater than the waist)

A "traditional" hourglass, should be 10" smaller in the waist than in the hips and bust. (ex, 36-26-36)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty