Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 11:59 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,737,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
And yet another thread on fat/thin, wrinkles/no wrinkles ...

I have this question to pose to the world ...

"Why does it matter to you if someone whom you've never met before is overweight or has wrinkles?"

I'm very curious about the responses.
Becoz it's the fashion board I don't see the problem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 12:10 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,973,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Becoz it's the fashion board I don't see the problem
LOL. Tried to rep you for this but I need to spread the love around more.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:12 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,314,413 times
Too little facial fat can make one look like an AIDS/cancer patient... it's called temporal wasting...
I have a slightly fatter face to start with so I won't have that excuse not to lose weight. It all depends on your fat distribution.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:34 PM

860 posts, read 2,717,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
And yet another thread on fat/thin, wrinkles/no wrinkles ...

I have this question to pose to the world ...

"Why does it matter to you if someone whom you've never met before is overweight or has wrinkles?"

I'm very curious about the responses.
Most of the stuff here in the beauty and fashion forum is of little importance. Its the fluff forum! Great Debates is for actual issues, but I get enough of that on CNN!

Old 06-28-2011, 04:04 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,818,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hart4july View Post
Most of the stuff here in the beauty and fashion forum is of little importance. Its the fluff forum! Great Debates is for actual issues, but I get enough of that on CNN!
I agree hart, but I must say it does surprise me that instead of talking about one's beauty pluses and minuses (we are all humans so we all have them imo), it seems people are quickest to point others' flaws and imperfections.

Probably bc the all-sapient critics are pillars of indisputable beauty, grace, and elegance.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:43 PM

992 posts, read 2,374,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
I agree hart, but I must say it does surprise me that instead of talking about one's beauty pluses and minuses (we are all humans so we all have them imo), it seems people are quickest to point others' flaws and imperfections.

Probably bc the all-sapient critics are pillars of indisputable beauty, grace, and elegance.
You're probably right...on that note, I'll say I wish I had:
Kim Kardashian's booty
Salma Hayek's body
Charlize Theron's smile

They are all beautiful women...just gorgeous!

But to keep with the tone of picking people apart, I just want to go on record by saying just because it comes in your size doesn't mean it should go on your body. Just sayin'....

Old 06-28-2011, 10:06 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,309,153 times
I think most women's faces look better when they're trim. But I've also known some whose faces looked better when they were FAT. And I can think of one celebrity right off the bat ~ Star Jones. I think her face looks dreadful with the weight loss, I really do.

It's not an absolute rule, is what I'm trying to say.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:48 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,026,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post

You know how it is.....when one is busy pointing at someone else, it keeps the focus off of them.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:28 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,681,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I think most women's faces look better when they're trim. But I've also known some whose faces looked better when they were FAT. And I can think of one celebrity right off the bat ~ Star Jones. I think her face looks dreadful with the weight loss, I really do.

It's not an absolute rule, is what I'm trying to say.
That's because she lost weight after she was too old for her skin to bounce back.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:55 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,718,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
That's because she lost weight after she was too old for her skin to bounce back.
And it was the stomach staple starvation method. That makes everyone's skin look like crap almost. I don't think she should of done that. She should of just done it the hard old fashioned way. She didnt need to get down to that odd size she is now. Her head makes me think of E.T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty