Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:01 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
It also has to do with the camera, settings on said camera, and the person who took the picture. There have been plenty of occasions where two people would take the same picture of me (same spot, same pose, same time) and one looks fantastic straight off the camera, while the other looks bleh. There's a reason why professional photographers get paid money.
but if there are enough pictures out there of you, then every single one of them doesnt have to be perfect. if someone has to go crazy over every picture, then maybe the issue isnt with the pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 03:14 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,142,705 times
I was with a friend earlier, and she logged into her Facebook account. As soon as she logged in, I saw her news feed, and it was littered with nothing but pictures of people trying to look sexy. It was disgusting. I'm all for taking a pic here or there and wanting to look your best, but when every single one of your status updates is a self-aggrandizing pic of yourself, that's disturbing. Makes me glad I dont' have a Facebook page.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:53 PM

992 posts, read 2,373,229 times
It seems this happens everywhere!

I, too, like looking at people's snapshots of their kids, their vacations, etc. That's fun. I just don't get why people (this one in particular is married with 3 kids) take the same picture over and over again. It's always a head shot (I'm assuming to hide her weight) and yes, she always has a FULL face of make up on, and it's usually a wanna-be-sexy-come-hither shot. I hid her from my news feed, but I looked at her page today, and she took 23 pictures of herself over the weekend. Is it vanity? The funny thing is, no one commented on these pictures...maybe because they're sick of seeing them too.

I've thought about asking her why she takes so many pictures of herself, but I think that might be rude. I just wonder...does it fulfill a need? Is it for attention? Does she love her image? I just cannot understand using my iphone (which she uses) to take pictures several times a day of my face.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
It seems this happens everywhere!

I, too, like looking at people's snapshots of their kids, their vacations, etc. That's fun. I just don't get why people (this one in particular is married with 3 kids) take the same picture over and over again. It's always a head shot (I'm assuming to hide her weight) and yes, she always has a FULL face of make up on, and it's usually a wanna-be-sexy-come-hither shot. I hid her from my news feed, but I looked at her page today, and she took 23 pictures of herself over the weekend. Is it vanity? The funny thing is, no one commented on these pictures...maybe because they're sick of seeing them too.

I've thought about asking her why she takes so many pictures of herself, but I think that might be rude. I just wonder...does it fulfill a need? Is it for attention? Does she love her image? I just cannot understand using my iphone (which she uses) to take pictures several times a day of my face.
I agree. There's nothing that annoys me more than someone posting tons of pics of themselves while they're trying really hard to look sexy. I don't mind people posting pics of their kids, families, etc, but it gets old when every new picture is with some sexy pose and suggestive clothing.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I agree. There's nothing that annoys me more than someone posting tons of pics of themselves while they're trying really hard to look sexy. I don't mind people posting pics of their kids, families, etc, but it gets old when every new picture is with some sexy pose and suggestive clothing.
Trying to look sexy with too much make up, bad cleavage, and a nasty boob tat. Gag.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Trying to look sexy with too much make up, bad cleavage, and a nasty boob tat. Gag.
No kidding! I don't understand why people can't be satisfied with posting NORMAL pictures of themselves.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:24 PM

I think most people are ok, but then there's that few that just cannot get enough of themselves, and invite us to join in their lovefest.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
I think most people are ok, but then there's that few that just cannot get enough of themselves, and invite us to join in their lovefest.
Yea, true. To them I say, "No thanks!"

Old 07-26-2011, 05:45 PM

She posted some more....the tag line said "board at work". Dear Gawd.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:09 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
I don't mind those pics.
I do mind those endless pics of children and pets. OMGosh! Freakin dogs/cats dressed like humans. I could care less. I would rather see you, than your brats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty