Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:26 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Speaking of Alabama. Whenever we go to a Wal-Mart on a Saturday or Sunday night or evening, rest assured our eyeballs will be confronted with all sorts of physical forms packed and crammed into all types of spandex, blouses and necklines and strained buttons that they should or should not be in. No matter what line you think "too heavy" or "too big is", there is a woman out there who will cross it - and the biggest boobs and biggest butts will be on display because they know where most guys eyes will be drawn too and will be less likely to notice their other "flaws." Never fails. As a man I deal with it as best I can, but my wife sometimes feels along the same lines as you do - she's just not as vocal or gets as ate up about it. I guess my point is, just don't worry about it. Different strokes for different folks.
This made me laugh...hahaha...

I went to Wal-Mart this weekend and I can't even believe how many BIG women I saw trying to squeeze into too-small clothing. I"m not talking about women 20 lbs overweight trying to fit into a small. I'm talking about 300 lb women thinking they can wear form-fitting clothing and make it look good. I don't know if they even bother to check themselves out in the mirror before they leave the house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 10:31 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
a low cut shirt on a fat chick is better than a belly shirt.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:35 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
a low cut shirt on a fat chick is better than a belly shirt.
Both are bad, but I'd have to agree with you here

Old 08-15-2011, 10:33 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,352,275 times
I'm all about people wearing whatever they want to. As long as they feel good in it, and (somehow lol) think they look good. They're the ones buying it and wearing it.

But my advice would have been to tell her jokingly - like if you were around the kids and the girls were out - to say "put those things away, kids are around!" while you laughingly press a sweather toward them or such.

Same thing if youre at a meeting - and make sure to make a joke out of it, like "man, the girls are up and out today - save it for later!" While you laugh... if you wanted to be friendly about it.

I'd personally rather see any type of boobs glimpsed, than the mini-short shorts and skirts where i feel like i'm so close to seeing the cooch that i'm afraid to even glance

Old 08-17-2011, 04:34 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,592 times
It is not about weight what people should wear. Everyone is free to wear what wants. I am not fan of seeing anyones naked skin but it is not my business.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:18 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,777,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I don't know if they even bother to check themselves out in the mirror before they leave the house!
I'm sure they do, they are just confident in themselves and believe they look good. At any rate, my preconceived notions of the limits of the size and shape of the female anatomy always gets tested and/or rewritten after almost every trip there.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:38 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
I recently spent a weekend at a fancy resort hotel (way needed to hang by the pool for a couple of days) and wondered, where do all the flabby bellied ladies in teeny-keenies go shopping for mirrors?! Many of them were attractive, but it seemed to me they were highlighting their most unflattering point.

I've not yet dieted all the way to that coveted flat belly, and I dress to flatter my figure, i.e., cover that thing up and show off my best asset! I love a swim dress or tankini that reveals my hourglass silhouette. Maybe by next summer I'll be bikini-ready...and everybody better watch out!

Old 08-21-2011, 09:35 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
U know I see inappropriate clothing on folk all the time, like the 60 year old chick in good shape wearing a many skirt or the preteen girl dressed like a hooker. Fat chics r dayyammed if they do and if they don't. Yeah some of 'em don't wear flattering clothes, but they are not the only ones. I say live and let live, each to his own.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:41 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
That's so funny, for some reason it's never bothered me/grossed me out/anything when I see someone wearing clothes too small or something. I hardly notice, my observant self and all.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:03 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,984,317 times
This thread is just what I needed to get dressed this morning!!!!!
Makes me kind of wonder if we live in the same neighborhood ? (Original poster)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty