Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 09:16 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times

Advertisements

I'd wear it if it came free with purchase or something. I am currently saving up proofs of purchase for my free Captain Crunch T-shirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 09:22 AM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Hmmm...does this mean it is okay to wear clothing that is stained with coffee? As long as you post a statement on the shirt that says it is "Starbucks"? Wow, I have lots of $85 shirts now in my closet! I thought they were trash...excellent.
Try selling them on eBay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Am I the only one who appreciates the design, the theme behind it and the cost affiliated to it?

Nobody's ever heard of designer clothes? In the designer world, no design is stupid. It's all art.

Some of my brooks brothers/fred perry polos top 150 bucks and I proudly bought them with my hard earned money, and wear it like a Champ.

I'll take anything that's related to Starbucks
I've never been into designer stuff. I don't buy stuff because of the name it bears. I can't imagine spending $150 on one article of clothing, or $4 on a cup of designer coffee. To each his/her own, though. It's simply not my style, as I live pretty modestly.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:26 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
Quote:
Am I the only one who appreciates the design, the theme behind it and the cost affiliated to it?

Nobody's ever heard of designer clothes? In the designer world, no design is stupid. It's all art.

Some of my brooks brothers/fred perry polos top 150 bucks and I proudly bought them with my hard earned money, and wear it like a Champ.

I'll take anything that's related to Starbucks

You fooled me. I thought you had style.

You know the ole' saying, "fool me once-shame on me,
fool me twice,-shame on you....

Just kidding or am I

But on a serious note. Is there any possibility that you like fine art? Paintings and such? Anything basically? Plus are you rich? Just wondering if you are into that stuff DM me! I can quickly whip up, err, I mean, I have lots of good paintings to sell...

Take care.

smp

Old 09-27-2011, 11:24 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
You fooled me. I thought you had style.

You know the ole' saying, "fool me once-shame on me,
fool me twice,-shame on you....

Just kidding or am I

But on a serious note. Is there any possibility that you like fine art? Paintings and such? Anything basically? Plus are you rich? Just wondering if you are into that stuff DM me! I can quickly whip up, err, I mean, I have lots of good paintings to sell...

Take care.

smp
Dude, a lot of people don't appreciate the haute couture stuff coz it appears bizarre for them. They just can't comprehend art.

But once you get into artistic mode, you will appreciate anything and everything. Cezanne simply smeared paint on canvas and even that is art. Botticelli gave out an empty blank paper and said that was his version of paradise and heaven - empty white space, undrawable, unfathomable etc.,

How easy it would have been to trash his white space end piece? Impossible coz it consummates the series.

If this is a fashion board, art has to be appreciated. Or we can all go dressed like the people in walmart 2 dollar waffle tees and tank tops

Old 09-27-2011, 11:31 AM

Don't care for the top part, but the part with the Starbucks siren is absolutely exquisite

That convinced me to appreciate the designer.

http://fashionbombdaily.com/wp-conte...-spill-tee.png

Old 09-28-2011, 08:48 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,153,088 times
Quote:
Dude, a lot of people don't appreciate the haute couture stuff coz it appears bizarre for them. They just can't comprehend art.

But once you get into artistic mode, you will appreciate anything and everything. Cezanne simply smeared paint on canvas and even that is art. Botticelli gave out an empty blank paper and said that was his version of paradise and heaven - empty white space, undrawable, unfathomable etc.,

How easy it would have been to trash his white space end piece? Impossible coz it consummates the series.

If this is a fashion board, art has to be appreciated. Or we can all go dressed like the people in walmart 2 dollar waffle tees and tank tops

Who cares is my response to EVERYTHING you just wrote. Just because someone says that something is art doesn't mean I will like or appreciate it and be willing to shell out thousands of dollars on it. I don't follow trends or the crowd, I (hold tight) now follow my own trends. I have my own eye on what looks good. When every body was wearing Ed-Hardy, I never once considered it because I personally thought it was hideous and I don't care what others think of as art or style or the like. I decide for myself. It's part of being an adult. You stop caring about what the so called "media" tells you is "in" or "art".

And personally, any person who would by a painting with splashed art is stupid in my book. If you would actually pay that much for that hideous piece of nothing. Then that's your problem. I wouldn't go around telling people this though, because obviously the majority of the people agree with me and think it's rediculous. It also makes me think your quite young and very impressionable. Cause from what you say, I get the feeling that you would pay any amount of money for anything so long as it were in style or the newest trend". Most likely when you stop caring about what others think, then and only then will you grow out of it, and then you will begin to understand where many of us are coming from.

Smp

Last edited by supermanpansy; 09-28-2011 at 09:22 AM..

Old 09-28-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Who cares is my response to EVERYTHING you just wrote. Just because someone says that something is art doesn't mean I will like or appreciate it and be willing to shell out thousands of dollars on it. I don't follow trends or the crowd, I (hold tight) now follow my own trends. I have my own eye on what looks good. When every body was wearing Ed-Hardy, I never once considered it because I personally thought it was hideous and I don't care what others think of as art or style or the like. I decide for myself. It's part of being an adult. You stop caring about what the so called "media" tells you is "in" or "art".

And personally, any idiot who would by a painting with splashed art is stupid in my book. If you would actually pay that much for that hideous piece of nothing. Then that's your problem. I wouldn't go around telling people this though, because obviously the majority of the people agree with me and think it's rediculous. It also makes me think your quite young and very impressionable. Cause from what you say, I get the feeling that you would pay any amount of money for anything so long as it were in style or the newest trend". Most likely when you stop caring what others think, then and only then will you grow out of it, and then you will begin to understand where many of us are coming from.

Smp
Dude, you're starting to sound like a hillbilly now. They're the ones who port the "don't care" attitude, can't appreciate art, and make a big fuss about the cost of things, and consider everything they cannot fathom to appreciate "stupid" and "idiotic".

If you're buying your Tees from Walmart, you be my guest. Other people have some sense of class and fashion, tending towards an appreciation of art.

It's ironic I'm reading such a rant on a fashion board, where people talk about things in the media, the newest trend and such.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:29 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Ant, a polo shirt is hardly art. A designer shirt may be better made, with nicer fabric and better stitching, and it might last longer, but in the end a polo shirt is a polo shirt. It's not couture. It might be worn as part of an expensive outfit, but it's not art, no matter how much it costs.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:30 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
85 dollars for ANY t shirt is stupid.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:31 AM

I also find it appalling that people pull the modesty/conscious spending mantra.

I'm like, what the heck are you doing here?

Everything nice costs money. Welcome to the real world. I recently added this to my weekend wardrobe. The whole purchase topped me 180 bucks. It looks exquisite, with that white long sleeve and pinkish red shorts. It was simply amazing, and I wear it every Sunday nowadays. People tell me my sense of clothing is "sharp". It attracts women, and that's all that matters.

http://www.vineyardvines.com/VV_prod...0.a.detail.jpg

Is it vanity? Maybe. But what's wrong in vanity? If you are not well dressed, nobody's gonna even notice you're standing somewhere. I can't equate my existence to something inexistential like a dull lamp post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty