Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 06:56 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCityMike View Post
I don't think there is a line of makeup designed exclusivley for men. The only bad thing about wearing the make up to even your tones, or to take the years off .. is that the ones you love eventually have to see you without it. Hope they love you then, too (whether your a man, woman, gay, straight ...etc)
There are a couple lines designed exclusively for men:

An Introduction To Men's Makeup Brands (http://glamorouslyjacob.hubpages.com/hub/An-Introduction-To-Mens-Makeup-Brands - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 07:18 AM

32 posts, read 67,807 times
A Lot of men where bronzers or selftaner with color which is very close to foundation to give a healthy look.

EVERY MAN you see on tv , news, programs, movies wears make up. Many get use to it and incorporate it into daily use.

A lof of professional corporate men an men in fashion are now starting to use foundation

Old 11-02-2011, 11:03 AM

155 posts, read 252,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Fashionistah View Post
A Lot of men where bronzers or selftaner with color which is very close to foundation to give a healthy look.
A lot of men where? I dont see it.

Quote:
EVERY MAN you see on tv , news, programs, movies wears make up. Many get use to it and incorporate it into daily use.
It is REQUIRED for any and everyone who is in front of the camera. The studio lights create "hotspots" that must be eliminated, so studio makeup artists use it for all in front of the camera. Its a required part of the job.

Quote:
A lof of professional corporate men an men in fashion are now starting to use foundation
I am a professional corporate man and have been for many years and have NEVER seen any of my peers wear makeup. This is in the banking/securities/investment field. Men in fashion? Duh. They are all gay, so of course they would use makeup.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:30 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,015,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ancient View Post
Neither do I but is it possible that it's subtle enough not to be noticed?

If you want to see some scary television guy makeup tune in "The Ed Show" on MSNBC in high definition.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:26 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times
Also...today...what people don't realize...is for magazine covers...and with digital technology...many celebs, or just people sending photos use what I call 'digital make-up'....

That would be various photo shop type programs that allow one to smooth over skin, fix blemishes ect ect....

If you appear on a magazine cover, it's almost a must today...whether male or female...

But in a way it creates standards in beauty that can't be matched in real life, accept by a few...

Old 11-03-2011, 09:47 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times
Tutorial on it:

HOW TO: MEN'S MAKEUP - YouTube

It just looks polished to me. Not like a girl's makeup in the least.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Tutorial on it:

HOW TO: MEN'S MAKEUP - YouTube

It just looks polished to me. Not like a girl's makeup in the least.
It's hard to judge from a video, because he might look "made up" in person, but I think this looks OK. I can't picture my husband wearing it, but objectively I can't really fault a guy for wanting to look like he has healthier skin or more defined features--that's the same thing that I want. A man wanting noticeable stubble is not really different from a woman wanting to look like she has plumper lips--we're just accentuating our masculinity or femininity.

I don't think I would like visible makeup on a man, and I think lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow, and rouge/blush make a man look feminine. At the same time, it's unfortunate that men have to deal with splotchy skin, blemishes, large pores, shiny skin, or other imperfections that can be minimized for many people with only a little intervention.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:28 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ancient View Post

It is REQUIRED for any and everyone who is in front of the camera. The studio lights create "hotspots" that must be eliminated, so studio makeup artists use it for all in front of the camera. Its a required part of the job.

I am a professional corporate man and have been for many years and have NEVER seen any of my peers wear makeup. This is in the banking/securities/investment field. Men in fashion? Duh. They are all gay, so of course they would use makeup.
The last time I went on camera, the makeup lady told me I had beautiful skin and that I needed next to no makeup. I was happy to hear that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty