Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 07:03 AM

973 posts, read 1,705,790 times

Advertisements

First off, I am wondering how many of you have been loyal to one perfume as you discovered that it was totally "you", or do you have several depending upon your mood, time of day, occasion or whatever. I have found one that IS totally me and it (Indecence by Givenchy) has made me feel good about myself for 2 decades.

However, it has been discontinued now for over two years, and it is harder to get on ebay. I think this will be my last "buy" for two reasons: 1. the price (I just now paid $149.00 for 1.7 oz which will last almost a year) and 2. I know the original scent of perfume doesn't last forever!

I always have been loyal to one brand, as in high school and college, my scent was Chantilly, and then I went into a Tabu and Vanilla Musk phase and have adjusted each time. But this time, the scent is different as I feel like it completes my personality, and I feel so GOOD wearing it!

Has anyone else felt this this before? And how much have you paid to feel this way?? Just curious...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 07:14 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,775,483 times
I have tried many perfumes, I seem to prefer EAU du Soir by Sisley, difficult to find locally, only Saks
handles the line. I generally order on line. Runs about $100 an ounce.

Seems to suit me, been wearing it for 10 years or so.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:25 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,956,563 times
L'interdit by Givenchy but only the original. A friend brought this back from France and I wore it for years. It was such a wonderful scent - until some bozo (beauzeau?) decided to reformulate it and it is nothing like the original.
When I was much younger, I wore Forever Spring by Avon and it was a light floral that everyone commented on. Avon discontinued the scent (as they are wont to do) and I have not found anything that replaces it.
Now, I just smell like Dove soap.

Old 11-05-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
L'interdit by Givenchy but only the original. A friend brought this back from France and I wore it for years. It was such a wonderful scent - until some bozo (beauzeau?) decided to reformulate it and it is nothing like the original.
When I was much younger, I wore Forever Spring by Avon and it was a light floral that everyone commented on. Avon discontinued the scent (as they are wont to do) and I have not found anything that replaces it.
Now, I just smell like Dove soap.
LOL about the "beauzeau" as I can identify since suposedly there is a new Indecence coming, but it will not be the same either! TO me it is almost like the New Coke! Why change perfection!

Old 11-05-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollydo View Post
I have tried many perfumes, I seem to prefer EAU du Soir by Sisley, difficult to find locally, only Saks
handles the line. I generally order on line. Runs about $100 an ounce.

Seems to suit me, been wearing it for 10 years or so.
Glad to read that someone else will pay money to for their preference! Thanks for sharing...

Old 11-05-2011, 09:20 AM

885 posts, read 1,522,457 times
Yes, I did that for awhile and it was so critically important to me at the time that I would have probably bought it if I had to skip lunch for quite awhile

Now my signature scent is Clean Happy Healthy Me, which is free

Old 11-05-2011, 10:40 PM

2,035 posts, read 3,353,068 times
I wore Light Blue for about 3-4 years - becuz the scent was light enuf to wear to work really early in the morning, and not bother co-workers with it. Of course, i didnt douse myself in it either. So i did pay what it cost to obtain the spray

Since i've retired, i stick to herbally, grassy scents - or scents in creme form. I'm now using "Clean" - I cant remember who makes it - but i love it. I'm not stuck on it tho where i'd spend a whole lotta money for it.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:55 PM

208 posts, read 604,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagitarrius48 View Post
First off, I am wondering how many of you have been loyal to one perfume as you discovered that it was totally "you", or do you have several depending upon your mood, time of day, occasion or whatever. I have found one that IS totally me and it (Indecence by Givenchy) has made me feel good about myself for 2 decades.

However, it has been discontinued now for over two years, and it is harder to get on ebay. I think this will be my last "buy" for two reasons: 1. the price (I just now paid $149.00 for 1.7 oz which will last almost a year) and 2. I know the original scent of perfume doesn't last forever!
No way! Givenchy Organza Indecence is my winter signature scent too! When I heard that it was about to be discontinued, I stocked up...now I have a couple of minis and two 3.4 oz bottles that will hopefully last me a lifetime. Hmm, maybe I should've hoarded some more and sold on ebay.

Actually, the new Indecence was in fact released, as you can see here. However, it was released in the Organza bottle instead of the Indecence bottle and it seems that the juice has changed.

But, to answer your original question, I have a hard time being a perfume monogamist and rotate on an almost daily basis. That way my heart doesn't get broken if gets discontinued, heh. During other times of the year, I'd say Stella by Stella McCartney is my signature scent. Right now there are a few other discontinued perfumes that I'd pay an arm and a leg for, but they're not even available on ebay!

Old 11-05-2011, 11:21 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,841,371 times
I have worn Chantilly since 1962. At times it was hard to find. I also wear Obsession and Jaipur. If I don't rotate, I can't smell it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 11-06-2011, 12:48 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,866,256 times
For the last 50 years, at least, the only after shave I have used is Old Spice. I have no earthly idea why so many women really like the scent, but I certainly am glad that they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty