Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:43 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue View Post
Well, since you're poor I doubt you've been out of state. Important because Alabama doesn't have Nordstrom. I guess Nordstrom need to change the color to black, white must not be good for sales in Alabama.

Nordstrom?s first Alabama store canceled - Puget Sound Business Journal

Edit: I'm not longer metrosexual as I do not wear T-Shirts anymore. /end sarcasm

(I'm getting sucked in, damnit. This is for my own entertainment)
Hmm, you know Saks has a headquarters in Alabama and, come to think of it, their main color is black. Coincidence? I think not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 08:51 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,369,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Hmm, you know Saks has a headquarters in Alabama and, come to think of it, their main color is black. Coincidence? I think not.

Two Saks Fifth (Is Black) in Alabama with a black population of 26% out of 4.4 million.

Zero Nordstrom (Is White) in Alabama with a white population of 68% out of 4.4 million.

There is something wrong with TJ's hypothesis.

Per Capita GDP in Alabama is 36,333 (Millions) equivalent to Kuwait GDP per capita. You'd think since Kuwaiti's drive around in $100,000+ cars, that Alabama persons could afford to shop at Nordstroms.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:56 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,792 times
i dont care who you are. i think people who buy expensive clothes lack self esteem or something of that nature. nordstorms clothes aint even all that cute either, you can get a cheaper cuter outfit at a thrift store

Old 12-02-2011, 10:21 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
i dont care who you are. i think people who buy expensive clothes lack self esteem or something of that nature. nordstorms clothes aint even all that cute either, you can get a cheaper cuter outfit at a thrift store
I agree with you. It is ridiculous at how much money some people are willing to spend on clothes, especially when they buy it often. I went to Abercombie & Fitch once when I was bored in the mall and they had some pretty ugly clothes that were close to $100. A flannel shirt was one of them, I think it was $70 or something in that range. You could probably find the same kind of shirt at another store for more than half the price. But no, people have to buy it at A&F or wherever because its brand-name is associated with a higher class social status.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:29 AM

2,117 posts, read 5,369,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Yes you do. You love me, don't deny it.

European women know how to dress. I've seen women make outfits off 10 euro.

I think a 140lb Asian would go well with a 300 pound black girl.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:29 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I agree with you. It is ridiculous at how much money some people are willing to spend on clothes, especially when they buy it often. I went to Abercombie & Fitch once when I was bored in the mall and they had some pretty ugly clothes that were close to $100. A flannel shirt was one of them, I think it was $70 or something in that range. You could probably find the same kind of shirt at another store for more than half the price. But no, people have to buy it at A&F or wherever because its brand-name is associated with a higher class social status.
Brand names are stupid and you can spend a lot of money on low quality items, but for the most part you get what you pay for. In a nice shop, if you buy a $40 blouse then you're going to get something that won't fall apart after 3 washes, that won't instantly shrink or pill or come apart at the seams.

The trick is figuring out which places are worth your money.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:39 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommodonahue View Post
Yes you do. You love me, don't deny it.

European women know how to dress. I've seen women make outfits off 10 euro.

I think a 140lb Asian would go well with a 300 pound black girl.
Lol, well she's 18 and you're 25. Too big of an age difference...

Old 12-02-2011, 10:40 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
I love how every fricking thread devolves into a self-esteem topic, when it's merely a matter of some people being able to afford it, some people cannot.

And always one side dislikes the other. Stop being jealous and enjoy your thrift stores. If you feel you look good there, then that's all that matters.

I loved the dresses which IW posted. I don't think she's stupid. She's got style. That second black dress is awesome. The first one is too pink though Cost is alright, as it's Neiman bloody Marcus.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:37 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I love how every fricking thread devolves into a self-esteem topic, when it's merely a matter of some people being able to afford it, some people cannot.

And always one side dislikes the other. Stop being jealous and enjoy your thrift stores. If you feel you look good there, then that's all that matters.

I loved the dresses which IW posted. I don't think she's stupid. She's got style. That second black dress is awesome. The first one is too pink though Cost is alright, as it's Neiman bloody Marcus.

Man, if people think that 4K dress is bad...they should see the piece of paper that cost me over 100K collecting dust in my basement.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:05 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Man, if people think that 4K dress is bad...they should see the piece of paper that cost me over 100K collecting dust in my basement.
Is it Van Gogh or Cezanne

On other things, by any chance, do you have any unmarried women in the family who have a thing for dark chocolat boys with antlers and plenty of "other" skills?!?!?! LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty