Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 09:59 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisedupmom View Post
My mother says the average person is ugly, and boring. If you think about it, that's pretty correct. That's why good looking people and those with interesting personalities and charisma stand out so much.

On the other hand, I was a pretty child, a homecoming princess in high school, etc., and yet my life sure hasn't exactly been anyone's idea of a fairy tale. I head Cyhbil Sheppard say once that being pretty was not a guarantee of personal happiness. I can vouch for that.

The "plainest" girlfriend I had in high school has been hugely successful in her career, makes tons more money than I do, and has a happy marriage. She admired me in high school for my popularity and ability to date the "cutest" boys. I admire her today for her success...
Very smart. My mother told us something similar when we were kids. That the world will judge us by our personalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 10:42 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Very smart. My mother told us something similar when we were kids. That the world will judge us by our personalities.
If only it were true.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:41 PM

2,802 posts, read 6,430,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I was downright fugly for a few years in my teens. I had been a really cute kid before and eventually turned out to be reasonably good-looking later, but during this period tt was not a whole lot of fun.

My sister was drop-dead supermodel gorgeous at the time, which just made things worse and she was often quite cruel about it.

Now I'm 44 and look like I'm 34, and she's 43 and looks like a saggy leather handbag thanks to all her vain sunbathing.

Payback, b****.
If you have those feelings towards your own sister, I think the B word would be better applied to yourself.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:39 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,216 times
For a loner like myself, being exceedingly ugly is a godsend.
People will snicker and point at you in public but they never approach you.
Children will say it to your face or comment on it loudly and sometimes salepeople or cashiers will act like they do not see you.
You have to do exceptionally well at work to get promoted but nobody ever bothers you with questions or to have to train anyone else.
Sometimes female coworkers cook or share their food because they know that it is impossible for you to have a girlfriend.
And quite a few women will go on a few pity dates with you to make you feel better.
And some will do it to make their boyfriends jealous because it will shock him to see her with a gremlin.
And when family asks why you have been single so long and have no plans to change that the easy answer is because of your hideous countenance.

So it really is not that bad looking like a mix between a goblin and a troll.

Last edited by nichirenx; 12-19-2011 at 09:52 AM..

Old 12-19-2011, 09:52 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,430,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
For a loner like myself, being exceedingly ugly is a godsend.
People will snicker and point at you in public but they never approach you.
Children will say it to your face or comment on it loudly and sometimes salepeople or cashiers will act like they do not see you.
You have to do exceptionally well at work to get promoted but nobody ever bothers you with questions or to have to train anyone else.
Sometimes female coworkers cook or share their food because they know that it is impossible for you to have a girlfriend.
And when family asks why you have been single so long and have no plans to change that the easy answer is because of your hideous countenance.

So it really is not that bad looking like a mix between a goblin and a troll.
This must be the saddest post I've ever read on this forum.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:28 AM

973 posts, read 1,705,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geography Freak View Post
This must be the saddest post I've ever read on this forum.
Look at his profile...me thinks the man doth protest too much in the post you are addressing...

Last edited by Sagitarrius48; 12-19-2011 at 12:04 PM..

Old 12-19-2011, 01:07 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Number one.

Number two.

I think it's safe to assume that, whether you think these women are 10's or 2's, every human would pick the same one as the more beautiful of the two. All other things being equal, of course (hair, body, personality, intelligence), by faces alone I don't think anyone would honestly argue that number two is more beautiful than number one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
For all I know, these pics could be of the same person. What does number one look like without makeup, lighting, and photoshop?
Here are some of our most famous, "beautiful" celebrities with and without makeup and outstanding photography: 10 Hottest Celebrities without Make up

Old 12-19-2011, 01:21 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
What is it like to be absolutely ugly?

I have no idea, but....if you like I'll ask my mother-in-law!!

Old 12-19-2011, 01:35 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
I get along just fine...

Old 12-19-2011, 02:33 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
^^^ Maybe some people don't admit they're ugly b/c they don't know it
"I see ugly people. They don't know that they're ugly. They want me to do things for them."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty