Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 04:27 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I prefer no type of ugly. And obviously, this thread is about appearance not personality so your point is completely meaningless. Congrats.
so i know how you look thanks to your posts--congrats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 05:22 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Antlered Chamataka, have you lived in India? I heard from one Indian woman on another forum that there's not as much concern with outward appearance there.
Not so much as here. Women don't even straighten hair or do other things from here like waxing, trimming, etc., they are comfortable as they are. Girls are still pretty though. Not much obesity owing to the lifestyle - 110 degrees or more of sun burns calories away. One can literally travel in a city metro bus for 30 minutes and lose 700 calories in the sweating and city walking. Not much processed food either, everything is cooked at home.

McD and KFC just opened shop two or three years ago and are facing stiff resistance spreading across the country. Last week, they shot down the prospect of opening the first Walmart.

They however use natural oils, hair powders and sunblock cream.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:28 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
Well, this time I'm going to answer the OP's question direct. This one has a twist.

Yes, I know how it is. I was never real "ugly", but from ages 12 to 15 I went through an awkward, ugly stage, and kids could be damn cruel. I became depressed, and these are the years that shaped my future behavior with people (anti-social to this day).

The last person to call me ugly ended up being the target of many years of passive-aggressiveness. Later that year I happened to "bloom", and now boys found me very attractive. I spent many years torturing the girl who called me that by posing threats with any boy she liked. I doubt I was interested in any of them, but I enjoyed making her paranoid. It was stupid. It was a few years before I decided to grow up and stop.

Not all teens stay ugly (as class reunions have proven).

Old 12-11-2011, 07:11 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,793,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i prefer ugly inside. i understand people are tempted to talk about the inside is what counts, but not to me. i dont need to get to know your insides, i want pleasant outsides.
i will always take ugly on the outside over inside...physical unattractiveness never ruins my day or makes me angry...but an ugly personality destroys my day and sometimes week to no end. i don't know why you'd want to subject yourself to an ugly personality but it's your life.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:00 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
i will always take ugly on the outside over inside...physical unattractiveness never ruins my day or makes me angry...but an ugly personality destroys my day and sometimes week to no end. i don't know why you'd want to subject yourself to an ugly personality but it's your life.
if someone else's ugly personality ruins your week then you are overly sensitive. if you are married or friend's with someone with an "ugly personality" that is your mistake. but this thread shouldnt even be touching on this concept of "ugly personality. it should be what life is like to a physically hideous person compared to someone else.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:19 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,166,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
The last person to call me ugly ended up being the target of many years of passive-aggressiveness. Later that year I happened to "bloom", and now boys found me very attractive. I spent many years torturing the girl who called me that by posing threats with any boy she liked. I doubt I was interested in any of them, but I enjoyed making her paranoid. ....
This is funny! I know we're all supposed to be compassionate and love our enemies etc, but sometimes revenge can be so sweet.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:16 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,686,522 times
I believe this thread is suppose to be "non PC non empathy". Yeah its nice to put yourself in the other persons shoes but its also nice to sit back and say "whew, better you than me!"

Old 12-11-2011, 09:34 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,841,954 times
Sorry,I didn't mean for this thread to be perceived as ugly.

People on the other thread "How does it feel to be absolutely beautiful" shared their experiences and thoughts,so I thought why not others on the other side of the coin share theirs?

As I've said,I have been on both sides. People are cruel. I wish I could say most people like someone for who they are on the inside,but 99% of the time that isn't even true. If you don't have a beautiful outside,most people will ignore you,from my personal experience.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandPerson View Post
That's because most of them probably don't put themselves out there.

Most people of the opposite gender don't just throw themselves at you!

(Like if you're on a fishing boat, don't just expect the fish to crawl from the water onto your boat then into your bucket without you putting any effort into it.)
All those supposedly beautiful famous actresses and actors die lonely.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
This thread is ugly. This country is awfully superficial and it's only getting worse.

Maybe we should build concentration camps to house / get rid of all those ugly people, homosexuals, poor people and mentally ill people?

I swear, this country is becoming increasingly fascist each year.
Yes,you are right about this country.
There are people on here who openly admit to prefering ugly inside vs ugly outside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty