Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 12:39 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,306,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
I recommend Sephora as well. The salesperson should be able to direct you and advise you. Your wife should only need two; one for powder and one for blush. For me, because I use powder foundation, the powder brush is better quality and ran me about $30. I did get it from Sephora a couple years ago and I regularly wash it in Woolite. My blush brush is simply from Ulta and not as nice or expensive.
great info.
thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 12:48 PM

506 posts, read 1,957,928 times
If you haven't bought it yet, do check out Bobbi Brown. I work in the beauty industry and have tried many types of brushes, and Bobbi Brown, so far, has been my favorite.

And to the lady who said she doesn't use half her brushes, you should! Learn what they do; it makes a world of a difference!

Old 12-22-2011, 01:17 PM

410 posts, read 743,782 times
I wouldn't assume that she only needs one or two brushes. You may want to look at the brushes that she has to give you an idea of how extensive a set she would like. Maybe even snap a pic with your phone and take it with you.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:40 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,725,074 times
I would find one good one of what she already uses and put a sephora card in with it so she can build her own set. Make the gift card be at least 150$. She can always use it on make up later on if she doesn't spend it on brushes.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:19 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,022,530 times
Yes, I got 2 great brushes at Sephora. They were expensive, but well worth it.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:39 PM

2,062 posts, read 1,961,759 times
It totally depends on how she likes to apply her make up and what type she uses. I've pared down to a large blush brush, a chubby blender, and three eye makeup brushes. I use a pencil for my eyebrows, and a bit of powder with one of the eye makeup brushes. The blush brush is just for blush, the eye makeup brushes are for different parts of the eye. One for the whole lid, one for the crease, one for the area over the lashes. The blender, is just that--It blends everything together--used all over. I now use MAC brushes. They are reasonable, I had Chanel brushes for years and they lasted, but I totally freaked when I went to replace them. The prices have gone thru the roof.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:27 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,286,403 times
I've never tried them but some of the most, and best, reviewed brushes on Makeup Alley (a makeup forum) are Ecotools, which can be found at most drugstores, Target and Walmart. Environmentally friendly, cruelty free, vegan (if you are into that) and they are really inexpensive too. I have some Bobbi Brown and Mary Kay brushes that I've owned for years.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:40 AM

410 posts, read 743,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I've never tried them but some of the most, and best, reviewed brushes on Makeup Alley (a makeup forum) are Ecotools, which can be found at most drugstores, Target and Walmart. Environmentally friendly, cruelty free, vegan (if you are into that) and they are really inexpensive too. I have some Bobbi Brown and Mary Kay brushes that I've owned for years.
Ecotools are awesome brushes, and inexpensive. In fact, I asked for some in my stocking this year. You don't have to spend a fortune on good brushes.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,239,383 times
I don't use brushes much myself and I have whatever EL gives me with gifts with purchase, but I know MAC brushes get consistently good reviews. Unfortunately, they don't seem to sell sets, so you have to know what kind of brushes you need.

M·A·C Cosmetics | Home Page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty